50mg for 3 months!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking 50mg of sertraline for 3 months now with .5mg of clonazepam. i started to feel good until last friday that I had a panic attack and it has been non stop anxiety since then.any advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

how long was it before you initially felt good? I seem to be going back n forth good then bad. I'm at 7+ weeks on 50mg

• Posted

i started to feel better around week 6 but still get my bad days. thinking about a change on my dosage. but definitely give it a little more time because it can take up to 12 weeks

• Posted

i think a visit to the doctor is advised .

may be you need to up your dose .

• Posted

thanks. i have an appointment the first week of april. hopefully my anxiety goes down or doesn't get worse until then. did you have an increase in your dosage?

• Posted

yea im now on 150 mg . started on 50 last november then upped to 100 then 150 now 5 weeks

• Posted

did you feel any secondary effects when increasing the dosage?

• Posted

only increased anxiety and intrusive thoughts for a couple of weeks . im now better but still not yet as good as i want to be . im 5 weeks in the new dose .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.