50mg sertraline

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello. could someone help me.i want to come off my tablets and i have spoken to my doctor...could you please share your experience with coming off them?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I was on 50 mg for only 3 weeks - seemed to be causing liver problems , so I stopped cold turkey with no issues really
    • Posted

I would say you were lucky to have no side effects due to you only taking them for a very short time  
  • Posted

Why are you going to stop taking Zoloft?
  • Posted

search  the link as below (sertraline withdrawal does it go away)

whatever your doctor tells you please follow the 10% tapering method described on hear it's the only sure way of avoiding the often Nast and protracted withdrawal effects.

i was on it for 2.5 years and sucessfully came off it altogether after tapering of over 7 months, don't be tempted to go quicker it can be damaging to your nervous system,

good luck

• Posted

My doctor did not have me taper down just started a new med! I was on Lexapro for 10 yrs and he stated I could just stop and restart with a new drug! 
    • Posted

Thank you that has helped me.. I will let my doctor know
    • Posted

Tezes is correct about the 10% taper.  I came off 150 mg over three months and it was brutal.  I found most Drs. do not know how W.D. affects many patients.  They should, as this stuff affects your brain chemistry, so makes total sense.  
    • Posted

I found out on line from ask the doctor that I could be still withdrawing from Lexapro which I was on for 10 yrs and had to stop four months ago because it stopped working! 
    • Posted

I know my Dr. did not believe that I had W.D. well over a year and a half. She said I was going back into anxiety.  I said NO, this happened to me previously by another dr.  I quit the med. and w.d. caused crying etc., back on the med.  The A.D.'s never worked for me, I did not feel any improvement on the three that I tired.  I was put on them for seasonal effective disorder, suffered through 2 years.of hell.  I hit the gym 3 times per week and walk 3 more.  i find exercise has been my salvation, gets those endorphins up.  

I have a friend who has been on zoloft for 20 years, works for her, we are all different.  She has gained 50 lbs though.  I'm still trying tos hed the 30 I gained!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.