57 years old and had major heart attack morning after Christmas ...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel blessed to b here. I heard them tell me on the ambulance, Lori, ur having a heart attack. I heard so much in the background and they were giving me nitro and the next thing I knew they were shocking my heart. I guess I went black until I felt the bump coming off the stretcher at the hospital. Apparently they had to shock my heart again at the hospital. Into ICU and then transferred finally to another floor. I remember asking the EMT to please get me to the hospital it hurts so bad and that I didn’t want to go yet I had grandchildren. The next thing I immediately did was prayed. I understand the blockage was in the right coronary artery. I’ve always had vascular problems and an aortic bypass but just never dreamed of going into heart problems. Anyone else that’s had heart attack to the right coronary artery?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Had you been taking any BP tablets?

• Posted

Yes since my 20's. iI also take a statin, Lipitor and Xarelto.Even tho they have now taken me off of that and back on Plavix and asa due to stenting

• Posted

Thank goodness you are still sharing this planet lori. I hope you are now healthy and do not have any more problems for many years to come. Happy New Year to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.