Skip to content

Cardiovascular Disorders

Also known as Atrial Septal Defect, Bradycardia, Calcium-channel Blockers, Cardiac Enzymes, Cardiomyopathy, Digoxin, Diltiazem, Endocarditis, Fallot's Tetralogy, Felodipine, Heart Attack, Heart Problems, Infective Endocarditis, Isradipine, Lacidipine, Lercanidipine, Myocardial Infarction, Nicardipine, Nifedipine, Nisoldipine, Pericarditis, Tetralogy Of Fallot, Thrombophlebitis, Transposition Of Great Arteries, Verapamil

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Echocardiogram results

Hi All - I had a heart echo done on Saturday in preparation for a upcoming knee surgery. I noticed she circled a couple of area on the picture. As I have angina, should I be worried? Thank you in advance!

Last reply
  • Heart Pain

Hi there, For the past 5 months I have been experiencing what can only be described as a dull aching sensation in my chest, more specifically where my heart is. I am a 21 year old male who is fairly active (excercise twice a week). This pain can occur 4 or 5 times a day or not at all for 2 or 3 days...

Last reply
  • Unsure whether anxiety or heart problem?

Hey all. Posted this in the anxiety forum first, but this might be a better place for it. 33 year old male here, a little bit overweight, but pretty fit. Suffering from seasonal allergies and migraines. And now chest pain. About a month ago I was carted off to the ER because I thought I was dying....

Last reply
  • Constant palpitations (feeling heartbeat)

Few months ago I was woken up in the middle of the night with my heart slightly faster.  Since then, I can always feel my heartbeat, even when resting or relaxed (55bpm).  Holt monitor showed I am having pvc's but under 1%, not very bothersome.  My sleeping now, is not very good.  Recently...

Last reply
  • Constant Shortness of Breath for 6 months

Hi I'm 20 years old Ive had this constant feeling that I'm not getting enough oxygen everyday 24/7 and slight heart strain for almost 6 months. I've done Chest CTs, Endoscopy,and Stress Echo Test and ECGs.All normal The thing is I originally admitted to the hospital because I had chest...

Last reply
  • Mold and Heart Problems and Pain

problems? Roybum I've been having tremendous chest pain, heart palpitations (pounding) and shortness of breath since April of 2015. This all happened shortly after moving into a new apt. It's been over a year since I moved out and yet the symptoms have persisted and have gotten worse in some...

Last reply
  • Obsessed with heart activity/palipitations/heart rate

I suppose I'm hoping to meet others who have had similar experiences to me and can reassure me. For the last two months ( and very sporadically over two years) I've had worrying hear activity. It began with palpitations and missing beats. I had an ecg and was fine. Then 2 wks ago after a chilled...

Last reply
  • I got diagonised with high LDL cholestrol level

a month before i was sitting on my laptop and doing my work suddenly i felt a dizziness in y head i stood up i was feeling very discomfortable as i was feeling like i was short of breath and my hands and  legs was becoming weak but i coughed strongly and moved my arms and leg then it got ok immidiately...

Posted
  • Tortuous left anterior descending and circumflex arterys

Hi  Was suffering from intermittent chest pain high blood pressure,breathless on excertion and lightheadedness was referred to clinic for assessment and was advised possible angina given beta blockers statins n spray which have improved symptoms altho not gone fully ....had angiogram which didn't...

Posted
  • Not feel comfortable

Sometime. I feel breathing problem.when i wake up morning and on bed. I feel my middile chest is heavy and feel very discomfort.i was go to cardiologist but my heart is normal.i take a medicine but i cannot feel relief 

Posted
  • Normal echocardiogram results but still have symptoms

I'm currently 16 years old but I've been having chest pains that seems to be crushing my heart, shortness of breath, lightheadedness and sometimes numbness in my legs and hands, since I was on 5th grade of my elementary. And since now my symptoms seems to be worse it could go a full week having...

Last reply
  • Can you have symptoms with mild/moderate aortic valve stenosis?

I'm 35 I have an aortic bicuspid valve which is a congenital heart defect. I have developed aortic stenosis as a result. I thought the valve was getting severe because I have a lot of symptoms. Chest tightness chest pain heart palpitations and angina. and I have the heart palpitations When I exercise...

Posted
  • Holter Monitor Results

Hello, So, for the past several months, something's been up with my heart, so I finally got referred to a cardiologist, refusing to accept an "anxiety" diagnosis (news flash: anxiety is not constant...). Here are the results: 145,897 QRS complexes Tachycardic sinus arrhythmia Non-specific...

Last reply
  • Verapamil problems

Have been taking verapamil for 3 weeks for atrial fibrillation. Have started to get a slow heart rate of about 40-50 bpm. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did your consultant advise. Mine has told me to do what I want with my medication hmm??

Last reply
  • Eptopic pulse

Hi. I was at Drs last week and she just by chance checked my pulse, She asked if I ever felt light headed or palpitations, then booked me for an ecg.  I had ecg yesterday, nurse just said I have eptopic heartbeat? And if dr needs to see me she’ll ring.   Anyone else had this?  Thanks...

Last reply
  • Chest pain

Hi Everyone, I'm 34 years, relatively fit. With the last few weeks I have getting a pain in the centre of my chest, sometimes it gose to the left side aswell. It is usually when I'm lying down but sometimes I might feel it during the day. It's a stabbing pain that only last about 15-20...

Last reply
  • Terrified at my ventricular tachycardia diagnosis...

I have just been discharged from hospital with a diagnosis of 'short episodes' of VT I don't really know the implications of this, but after having read about it, it seems quite scary, and that medication doesn't work effectively (they just prescribed me beta blockers for it). I am...

Last reply
  • Anxiety Driven Heart Problem Question

Hello, I am a 24 year old male. I was diagnosed in 2002-2003 I think? With Mitral Valve Prolapse. I am fairly active as I have a active style job and recently began lifting weights approx 4 days a week. For awhile now, I have had instances where my heart with just up and randomly start pounding. Not...

Last reply
  • Almodipine Besylate coming off of it & with draw Symptoms

Hi,  I had been on AB for almost a year but I felt pretty horrible. It's been about 3 weeks and the most noticeable issue I have now is that my BP is even higher than it was before I started taking it (150/108). In the evenings things calm down to something like 125/87. I'm at a crossroads,...

Last reply
  • Does anyone know what to do?!?!?!?

Hello beautiful people! I'm a 16 year old female who's having some chest problems... Sooooo when I was 12 I was diagnosed with SVT and had an abalation about 6 months ago. Everytime i exercise I get palpitations... But the doctor said it was normal. The thing that's bothering me now is every...

Last reply
  • Heart problems

Hey, im 17 and have never had heart problems before this started or had any family problems with it, i used to smoke canibis regularly for stress releif till one day smoking it gave me heart palpitations from 6pm till 12pm the next afternoon, i then felt terrible the following week, visiting my doctor...

Posted
  • Chest Pains in 16 year old, i don't know what to do anymore.

Hello, im 16 years old male, almost 17. I've been experiencing chest pains for over a year now.  It is really stressful and i've had couple panic attacks in the past, as well as feeling anxious and at times quite depressed about it.  It all began as a chest pain that wouldnt go away,...

Last reply
  • Shop barcode scanner causing heart problems??

My mum (60 years old) works in a retail clothing store and last week started using a new type of handheld scanner at work. Later on that night, she could feel that her heart was beating way faster than it usually does and it felt like it was out of rhythm. She waited a while, hoping it would sort...

Last reply
  • Chest Pain! Help

Hey guys. I'm having some chest pain that's making me really anxious. So, it's like in the middle of my chest. Close to my heart. And sometimes it feels like the pain is crawling up my neck and also around my collar bone. It's like a dull, sharp pain if that makes sense? I read online...

Last reply
  • Heart Attack problems

So my dad (45) had a minor heart attack this morning, we called an ambulance and they took him to a cardio hospital. They scanned him and gave him medicine, they said that the heart attack occurred due to stress/anxiety/depression. All they did was keep him in hospital for about 7 hours and then sent...

Last reply
  • I get a spike during my walk

For about two weeks, when I go for a long walk my pulse goes very high for a few minutes and then it comes down. A few times it was around 170 and 190. I  don't go for a very fast walk. Mostly it is medium. I don't know why it is that super high for 3 to 5 minutes and then down to 12-/130....

Posted
  • Had 24hr ecg now having bloods done?

I was feeling unwell and fainted a few months ago. GP said heart rate was high and sent me to get and ecg. Results were high and had prolonged QT. Had a 24 hour ecg last week and they said results would be 3 weeks but had a call today saying Dr needs bloods done following ecg results but couldn’t tell...

Last reply
  • Chest pain really scary

Hi I have been having really bad chest pain right in the middle of my chest for about 3 days now, been to the hospital tonight had a ESG , blood tests and X-ray done and they all came back fine and doctors thinks it’s a pulled muscle in my chest but I’m really scared as the pain is still there and getting...

Posted
  • What is this?

Hi guys So for about 8 months or ao now i have been experiencing these really strange sensations i get palpitations all the time and sometimes tightness in my chest orshooting pains.  When i try to go to sleep i get this really strange feeling like my heart is really slow and im about to pass out...

Last reply
  • Chronic physical symptoms, will this get better?

Hello,  I have been having trouble breathing deeply while standing as it gives me a dull/pressure/squeezing pain in my left chest to left upper abdomen area. I have been having chronic tension headache around forehead (right above the eyebrows), pressure in the nose and also tingling on top...

Posted
  • Heart pain being dismissed as nothing

So I've had chest pain, shortness of breath, persistent lightheadedness and fainting spells plaguing me since late November, the cardiologists verdict - anxiety disorder. How can this be possible, I've been told I had anxiety years before the symptoms came up, so why is my suffering being dismissed...

Last reply
  • What does angina feel like? Scared right now......

I've been suffering with this since I went to the hospital a month ago for a possible heart attack, (was a panic attack) -TIghtness in my arms and legs -dull aches in my left arm and leg that last for a split second to a few seconds then come back -weakness and severe anxiety (health anxiety) and...

Last reply
  • 3 Cardiologists with different opinions. IM TERRIFIED

Hi,  so I've been getting chest flutter-like feelings in my chest since I was about 14 years old. I am 20 years old now and currently attend Tulane University. I went to my doctor in November for a checkup and told her about these chest flutters and she said that she heard a murmur. She decided...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.