Skip to content
Ad

Cardiovascular Disorders

Also known as Atrial Septal Defect, Bradycardia, Cardiac Enzymes, Cardiomyopathy, Digoxin, Endocarditis, Heart Attack, Heart Problems, Infective Endocarditis, Myocardial Infarction, Pericarditis, Thrombophlebitis, Transposition Of Great Arteries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • ST depression - clear arteries and normal MRI

Hi I’m a 39 who recently had an ECG which showed ST depression. I was asymptomatic however given a statin, beta blockers and aspirin.  I was referred for an MRI and angio , both of which were normal.  I have been taken off the meds but still worried that any twinge in my chest is a problem! ...

Posted
  • Cardiac tamponade: is it painful?

Hello, My 10 years old son left us last week end after having a heart attack and I have some questions related to that. Last Saturday everything was normal until he puked around 3pm and 4:30pm. He wasn't feeling very well but I didn't think much of it; I stupidity thought it was a small stomach...

Last reply
  • PACs and PACs after excercise

After obsessing over PVCs for about 6 months I got my holter results and discovered that I did not get any PVCs- my palpitations are all PACs. I remember reading that 70% of people will get a PVC on a 48 hour holter - mine was 2 weeks and I did not get one, Is this worrying? Now my other questions -...

Posted
  • Life after a Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery

During heart bypass surgery,surgeon will remove blood vessels from another part of your body like your chest, leg, abdomen or arm to go around, or bypass, a blocked artery. After this more blood and oxygen will flow to your heart again. You will be able to resume a normal lifestyle.Heart...

Posted
  • Waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Over the past year I've been experiencing a lot of unsettling symptoms (severe shortness of breath, PVCs, palpitations, all of which get worse upon exertion) and have seen a cardiologist, got a full workup with all the tests (stress, ekg, holter monitor,...

Last reply
  • Skipped heart beats some days

I am a 26 year old male that has been cursed for a few years of skipped heartbeats out of nowhere and sometimes a racing heart that I stop by crouching, putting my knees to my chest and do deep breathing. This stops the racing normally but a couple times I’ve played basketball and got bumped and then...

Last reply
  • High Blood Pressure, Chest Discomfort

Hello everybody! My name is Andy, I am male 36 years old. Let me give you little bit of my medical history that concerns me:  - Since age 30 I used to have chronic stress, a loving family member has died, and I was also unemployed for some time - really hard period for me. - By the age of 32 chronic...

Last reply
  • I sometimes feel light twinges in my left chest

For the past month i had hearth disease anxiety, it all started with my chest pain that wasnt conected to hearth, i gone to doctor and he said my hearth was ok i did ekg ,pulse, pressure all fine, but i still experinced some chest pain i started having panic atacks and all, then my chest pain...

Last reply
  • High heart rate during the day but normal at night.

I'm male, 28 years old, 183 cm and 74 kg. Not overweight but I have been physically inactive the last couple of years. I have a fitbit and in the last couple of years my stepcount per day was around 5000-6000 steps. This is largely from using the public transportation and just walking around the...

Last reply
  • I feel heart blocked

Hello to all of you. I had a EPS 3 year ago. After then I have serious heart problem. I feel heavy chest. Paint in throat. Dazzling, and when I take food I cannot. Because I feel heavyness on heart and feel my heart will stop. I cannot eat anything. When I walk or do any work I feel heart will stoped....

Last reply
  • Chest pain & Shortness of breath

For the last week I have been having mild chest pain (left side near armpit area mostly) and am having a hard time getting a good deep breath. I also have pain in my upper abdomen. I had a stent put in my widow maker almost 2 years ago, so as you can imagine I worry over the slightest thing. I've...

Last reply
  • Severe Chest Pains After Dentist Procedure

So I got numbed and I felt a weird sensation but I passed it off. The dentist did the filling the drilled and put a cap on (very difficult procedure in the back of the mouth, falling out twice now in a week) so the chest pain gets better the first couple of days then two days after (Saturday 30th dec)...

Last reply
  • Holter monitor results

Please can someone tell me what this means, see below, is it just a way of saying that I have an irregular heartbeat? I am due to see the cardiologist in March, in the meantime he has asked my GP to prescribe Bisoprolol 1.25 once a day (as long as I no longer have anemia). A recent 24-hour Holter monitor...

Last reply
  • Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia & Ivabradine?

Hi guys!  Im a 20yr old female so had an ablation aug 1st for SVT. Since then I have been SVT free! Woohoo!  But I have also been diagnosed with IST since then, and have been struggling to manage. I was diagnosed 4 days ago, and was prescribed Ivabradine for it with promising results. I have...

Last reply
  • bulge on heart -- nodule on lung.

My mom told me she has a bulge on the bottom of her heart.  What does that mean? Should I be concerned? She also said she had a nodule on her lung.  Is this serious? Doctors said the nodule could be from an infection a long time ago. It is not cancerous. Waiting to hear back about the bulge...

Last reply
  • rapid heart beats in exersice and pulse in head

iam 20 years old i dont smoke iam weight 60kg i cant exercise because i feel tired quickly and my heart start besting fast and hard i feel pulse in my head when i exercise i was exercise in the past before these symptoms made me leave the gym i sometimes get chest pains at rest i did cbc ,thyroid,sugar...

Last reply
  • I’ve been having heart fluctuations and chest pains

I’ve been having heart palpitations, chest pains, fluctuating heart rate and blood pressure. I’ve been going through this for almost 2 months now it all started when I decided to smoke pot for the first time. I had a huge panic attack. My heart was beating out of my chest I lagitly thought I was dying....

Last reply
  • I need serious help with blood pressure, please read

Hello, My name is Alex. I need help with blood pressure. My nervous system is unstable, i'm feeling like i made of jelly. My blood pressure is just going up, then down, going up, then down, my hearth is beating really fast, then very slow. Because of that my head is splashing, i don't feel my...

Last reply
  • Chest Pains in 16 year old, i don't know what to do anymore.

Hello, im 16 years old male, almost 17. I've been experiencing chest pains for over a year now.  It is really stressful and i've had couple panic attacks in the past, as well as feeling anxious and at times quite depressed about it.  It all began as a chest pain that wouldnt go away,...

Last reply
  • heart ablation

If you are considering this procedure make sure he tells you what you can expect after words . My doctor did not and I found out through forums . 

Last reply
  • High heart rate, should I worry

Hi, I think i have a higher than normal heart rate than normal anyway. But this evening I had an argument with my partner and when he left I could feel my chest and heart rate instantly. I have had this before and put it down to anxiety type panic attack. But this feels a Bit different. My left arm...

Last reply
  • Alternatives to Implantable Loop Recorder

Hi chaps, some years ago I was on a list for an "Implantable Loop Recorder", after ages it was decided that, as I had had no further feinting incidents there was no point in continuing. Recently I had a vague sensation similar to the ones I used to get (3 or 4 years ago) and wondered if I should...

Posted
  • Bradycardia

I've been diagnosed with sinus bradycardia. Had thyroid checked, T3 is low but within acceptable range. Doctors not budging on this, refusing to trial me on hypothyroid meds. What I'd like to know is have any of you taken herbal supplements or similar that have improved bradycardia and symptoms...

Last reply
  • I want to die no reason for living

,,,I just want to die ,my whole life is so sad and alone,,,,I always broken no reason for living but I’m afraid to god I don’t want to hurt my self because I believe in god but I don’t want to live anymore I wish I won’t wake up anymore or an accident that make me dead easy ,,,my is so sad and alone...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Suffer from heavy Anxiety, As I M 27 yr old male. I have done 2D ECO, CST , Many ECG's, Blood Cholesterol N Every thing is normal. I M taking Homeopathic it relief's me for same days & when ever I heard about and heart attack related Dead, my anxiety gets tagger very high & i need some...

Last reply
  • Chest pain after night out drinking

I had some chest pain (also hurt in upper back for a little while right behind where it hurt in chest) which started just a few hours into the night on nye which I thought nothing of but it still hurts today (2 days later). So I had a look online and it turns out vodka redbull is really bad for you...

Last reply
  • Cardiac C Reactive Protein High

We have been monitoring my c reactive protein for over a year and recently ran the cardiac test. It came back at 9.71- extremely high. I had a coronary artery scan today and the preliminary results are that there was not a your very little calcification.  I am am at a loss as to next steps- has...

Posted
  • Ectopic beats when I’m at rest and at excersise

Hello there my name is Alex I’m a 20 year old female fairly slim do not do any drugs smoke or drink and I do not drink caffeine. Over the past few months I’ve been experiencing a lo I ectopic beats. I do notice them both at rest and during excersise. I must admit they feel really scary. They feel like...

Last reply
  • hight heart rate and ed at 20 years old

my rest heart rate at day is high at night its 60-70 i have chest pains some times my heart 100 while iam just sitting i have erictle dysfunction my ecg and echo and stress test are good cbc ,thyroid,testesteron tests are good iam 20 heslthy fit man dont smoke dont drink

Last reply
  • Chest pains

Sorry to post this in here but i'm dying for answers, its driving me crazy. Basically about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety after weeks of chest pains and dizziness, i had 2 ECG's one at A&E and one at my doctors which both came back normal and then i had a stress ECG, which also...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.