Skip to content
Ad

Cardiovascular Disorders

Also known as Atrial Septal Defect, Bradycardia, Cardiac Enzymes, Cardiomyopathy, Digoxin, Endocarditis, Heart Attack, Heart Problems, Infective Endocarditis, Myocardial Infarction, Pericarditis, Thrombophlebitis, Transposition Of Great Arteries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Frequent Heart Palpitations

Hi guys-- I have a question in regards to heart palpitations. I have had them for a majority of my life, but recently, they seemed to have become much more frequent. I had an EKG done a couple of months ago and the only thing they detected was one of my palpitations, but everything else was normal. I...

Last reply
  • Angiogram

My husband had an angiogram last week and his vessels were almost clear, with a tiny bit of thickening just in one artery, with no treatment required. He continues to have minor chest pain whilst at rest and under stress so has been referred for an MRI heart scan. Wonder why this is being done after...

Last reply
  • Heart failure.

Having had an echo cardiogram last week I was told I have "heart failure ". Been prescribed beta blocker and anticoagulant, was already taking an ace inhibitor. My pulse rate has come down from 120/130 to nrmal 60 but still very irregular. I have been referred to a cardiologist, awaiting an...

Last reply
  • Waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Over the past year I've been experiencing a lot of unsettling symptoms (severe shortness of breath, PVCs, palpitations, all of which get worse upon exertion) and have seen a cardiologist, got a full workup with all the tests (stress, ekg, holter monitor,...

Last reply
  • Coronary heart disease progression

Hi, I just wondered if anyone knew wether it is possible to develop a 30% coronary blockage in an artery in a year? I thought that atherosclerosis was a gradual progression and this doesn't seem possible to me. Opinions please thanks.

Last reply
  • Abnormal ECG - sent home and have to with for a heart scan appt

Last week I went to my doctors as I have been suffering from bad fatigue - up until 4 weeks ago I went to the gym most days and had no issues, i do thought suffer from random pains in my upper body, ranging from an uncomfortable feeling in centre of my chest and random stabbing type pains all over -...

Last reply
  • Holter reports average heartrate 60, total beats 84354

Hello, sorry this is a long ramble.  I went to the doctor because of low body temperature which is always around 35.4 in the mornings and 36.0 in the late afternoons, and slow resting heartrate, which is 44 to 55.  I figured all this was due to my Hashimotos hypothyroidism.   I have...

Last reply
  • Pulmonary hypertension?

Hi just wondering if there is anyone on here who has been diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and can give me some advice.  I have several symptoms that may indicate I have it. My recent ECG showed tall P waves and I've had persistent tachycardia between 130-150. My blood pressure has also...

Posted
  • Palpitating and more..

I've been palpitating for almost a week now and have been diagnosed by my doc. having a high blood pressure this year. I have to maintain a medicine to control my blood pressure. Last May my left rib cage was so very painful and it lasted 15- 30 mins and suddenly goes away. Last December of 2016...

Last reply
  • Carotid artery blockage worried. Please advise.

i was living in California last year and suffered a seizure. I was taken to hospital were they found I had a blockage in my carotid arteries. Both were badly blocked somwere between 80 to 90%. They performed surgery on on one side along with putting two stents into my bloodstream. I asked when or if...

Last reply
  • Heart disease progression

Hi, I was diagnosed with a moderate mid LAD lesion a year ago and put on medication. My angiogram showed this as the only area of disease. The lesion progressed and 10 weeks ago I had a stent fitted with an excellent result. During my follow up with the cardiologist he told my that I have other areas...

Last reply
  • Heart feels weak and it feels numb

I've had this strange feel all of a sudden a couple of days of go where my heart suddenly felt numb and i can't feel it anymore. Is this serious, I'm so scared.its beating normally but it feels as though my heart has weakened  and I can feel the heart beating, but not the heart itself...

Last reply
  • Strange Chest and Head pains

Ill try to keep this brief as it could potentially be a long post, Im 5'10 66kg male aged 21. Basically, two months ago I had a bad panic attack (that I thought was a heart attack at the time). Went to A&E, Bloods, ECG done. Discharged and told it was anxiety. Same thing happened a week later,...

Posted
  • Friend with no doctor recently passed out with no pulse, HELP

Hello, I have a friend from Cornelia, Georgia who recently passed out in the tub and was told by her husband that he had to revive her by doing CPR because, according to him, she had no pulse. I've told her to go to the doctor but unfortunately, she has no insurance and thus she has no doctor. what...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed mitral valve leak. Worried. 34.

Hi all. I'm 34 and towards the end of last year I began having really strange heart palpitations/thumping that would wake me up. My mum had heart surgery to repair her mitral valve years ago and was told it was anxiety all her life unto it got so severe so she was adimant about me getting this...

Last reply
  • Bruit felt over coccyx bone

Im 41 years old and i have this bruit noise in my lower back which my friends and family have heard and even felt it with there fingers! I went doctors about 20 years ago about but at the time he could not hear it and i felt a bit embarrased like i was wasting there time.its never hurt and feels more...

Last reply
  • Palpitations

Hi I'm a 35yr old woman with a history of anxiety  I suffer bad with acid reflux but have noticed I'm getting palpitations at night, infact I'm having them now my heart rate it normal but I feel pounding in my chest, it always seems to be as I'm drifting of to sleep, Does anyone...

Last reply
  • Do You Know of Anyone Suffering with Myocarditis?

My story in short. While riding my bike at an extremely slow pace. I became short of breath, dizzy and experienced numbness in my arms. Went to the emergency room told them what happened..had an ecg that came back normal, my chest xray came back normal. But thanks to the wonderful doctor he said he...

Last reply
  • Chest pain, should i return to work?

Three days ago i was admitted to A&E by ambulance with chest pains similar to heart burn, pain in the left side of my ribs, shortness of breath and pins and needles in my left arm. Im 42 years old, non smoker and in generally good health. ECG, chest xray and bloods all came back normal, however i...

Last reply
  • Chest pains

Sorry to post this in here but i'm dying for answers, its driving me crazy. Basically about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety after weeks of chest pains and dizziness, i had 2 ECG's one at A&E and one at my doctors which both came back normal and then i had a stress ECG, which also...

Last reply
  • Worried about chest pain and chest tightness

Hi guys, my biggest fear is getting a heart attack. Every pain around my chest will make me worry. I had 3 ECG and 1 stress test done 6 months ago and everything came back fine. My chest starts to feel pain and tight on and off for about a week. Sometimes my face and neck will turn red suddenly and disappear...

Last reply
  • Pains approaching a year after stenting

September last after an emergency admission for angina, my wife received 3/4 stents. She is inher early eighties and until that July had never had that type of problem. She had been a very fit and active person. Even now she expereinces pain central left below the rib cage, sometimes that and other oddities...

Posted
  • I'm looking for support with ectopics

Hi am am looking for some support with ectopics for someone who has had the same experience, I get extra beats , thuds thumps and also bursts of rapid beats , I'm struggling to cope now and I don't know what to do, I'm terrified of dying

Last reply
  • Heart failure

Hi... I've just been diagnosed with Good-mildly impaired left ventricular systolic function & seeing that my GP says the waiting list to see a Cardiologist could take quiet awhile Ive decided to go Private for the initial consultation as my symptoms are frightening the hell out of me. I live...

Last reply
  • Normal EKG but still heart thumps/palpitations

Well as by the title you can see I went to get an EKG and it came back normal but im still having heart palpitations. Basically the nurse told me it's more than likely due to stress. Well I haven't been getting that much rest lately and I work with dogs and I constantly have to keep yelling and...

Last reply
  • CAD or something else?

Six weeks ago, my husband had chest pains and was taken to the emergency room. There they did ECGs and blood tests over a period of 18 hours, but nothing abnormal was detected. He was discharged home and told that he would require a heart stress test. My husband has type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure...

Last reply
  • Mold and Heart Problems and Pain

problems? Roybum I've been having tremendous chest pain, heart palpitations (pounding) and shortness of breath since April of 2015. This all happened shortly after moving into a new apt. It's been over a year since I moved out and yet the symptoms have persisted and have gotten worse in some...

Last reply
  • Chest pain, passing out, no insurance

Hi, a friend of mine told me recently that on the rare occasion he's really chest, he gets heart pain. Several weeks ago he got really stressed, his heart hurt, and he fainted. When he went to the ER, they didn't do much but did say his heartbeat was "irregular". Since then, he's...

Last reply
  • Heart bypass surgery complications

Looking for some feedback 76 year old mother had blocked artery and valve replacement surgery. She did great first day all vitals normal. She fell sick day three with low blood pressure and now kidney and liver failure. She is on dialysis and three blood pressure medications. We are praying for her but...

Posted
  • Pinching on left side of chest.

Let me start by saying that I am 23 years old, 5'2 and weigh 100lbs. I am slightly underweight and really out of shape, I don't work out at all. I suffer from panic and anxiety and depression.  With that being said, I've been having this horrible pinching on the left side of my...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.