Skip to content
Ad

Cardiovascular Disorders

Also known as Atrial Septal Defect, Bradycardia, Cardiac Enzymes, Cardiomyopathy, Digoxin, Endocarditis, Heart Attack, Heart Problems, Infective Endocarditis, Myocardial Infarction, Pericarditis, Thrombophlebitis, Transposition Of Great Arteries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Enlarged heart

I've had a chest x ray because of a nagging cough and wheezing and am told I have an enlarged heart!  Anybody else have this and what happened as a result of being diagnosed with this.  I am pretty shaken up and worried and have to have a blood test and possibly an echocardiagram. ...

Last reply
  • Stages of mitral and triscupid regurgitations

Hello! I'm 24 years old and have a bronchial asthma, moderate, half-controlled. Sometimes I feel dyspnea (without wheezing) and tachicardy. Have done Echo, it showed that I have "mild" regurgitations aortic and pulmonary valves and "moderate" regurgitations mitral and triscuped...

Posted
  • Mold and Heart Problems and Pain

problems? Roybum I've been having tremendous chest pain, heart palpitations (pounding) and shortness of breath since April of 2015. This all happened shortly after moving into a new apt. It's been over a year since I moved out and yet the symptoms have persisted and have gotten worse in some...

Last reply
  • Feeling pain for 10 days in left side chest

Before 10 days I feel pain in left side chest . I go to hospital and found normal ech and echo. But 7-8 days I feel burning sensation in left hand . Now today I m feeling again mild pain in left side chest and bump when I take any food or liquid.sugfest me what I do.

Last reply
  • Cardiomyopathy

Hi all i lost my job 3 years back and have been completety unactive since then.not doing any exercise and gained a lot of weight.i have now been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy.what is the best way to start getting active and lose weighed again.what exercise can i do.and what can i eat.what must i cut...

Last reply
  • Unknown cause of orthostatic hypotension??

I have had orthostatic hypotension since 5 years .it was of sudden onset without any cause im right now 20 years old, recently I went to a cardiologist and he did 2 ECGs, doppler echo, thyroid function test, adrenal test and glucose test, TLC,DLC, Asotitre and all came back perfectly normal. My BMI is...

Posted
  • Need help with research on heart attacks

I'm a writer working on a piece of fiction, and I was hoping I could hear from someone who has suffered a heart attack and been aided by CPR. I'd like to know--at the risk of sounding insensitive--how it feels, what went through your mind, etc. I'm particularly interested to know if there...

Posted
  • Heart problem or Anxiety?

Hello good peoples. I just need some expert here to tell me honest opinion of my diagnose. Im 23 years, male, average physics. Few months ago was suffering from severe panic attacks about feeling that my heart will stop. Back in that time i done holter 24h, got 400 extrasistoles + 1 SVT, i could feel...

Last reply
  • Slow Heart Rate?

All my life I have problems with anxiety and panic attacks, also I have fast heart beats and high blood pressure. 7 days ago I quit smoking after 4 years of active smoking (2 packs a day) and now I can `t believe it all day I have lower heart beats (50-60 bpm), and when I lay down for sleeping my heart...

Last reply
  • Shortness of Breath and Abnormal ECG?

Hello Everyone:    I am a 6-year survivng stage 4 colon cancer patient.  Ihave been through many surgeries and procedures.  Most recently a removal of 1/2 of my left lung in order to remove cancerous lymph nodes int he area.  It has been 4 month since that surgery and the pulmonary...

Last reply
  • Cardiac Catheterzation

Hello  I had a stress test 2 weeks ago and when I went for the results I was told there’s a spot that looks questionable ... since I’m over 40 ( 43 ) and diabetic it’s recommended I get a heart cath.    I also suffer from extreme health anxiety so hearing this basically sent me over the...

Last reply
  • Waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Over the past year I've been experiencing a lot of unsettling symptoms (severe shortness of breath, PVCs, palpitations, all of which get worse upon exertion) and have seen a cardiologist, got a full workup with all the tests (stress, ekg, holter monitor,...

Last reply
  • New symptoms?

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with multiple PE.s exactly a year ago. Almost back to. "normal" now. I have noticed when I am laying down I feel a dull ache in my left breast going through to a deeper ache or pressure in my back. Have also been feeling light headed when getting up from chair....

Last reply
  • Tramadol and heart problems

I have been taking tramadol and Tradol retard for about 17 years, and until recently regarded it as a very safe medication. Two weeks ago I sufferred a heart attack, with an underlying problem of a blocked artery. I assumed it had nothing to do with the medicine until I began investigating, and found...

Last reply
  • Ectopic Heart Beats

Hi, Who out there is suffering with these ectopic beats? I get small kicks, big bangs,  4/5 beats rattling at once, sometimes for several bouts.  I also suffer with a pause, where the heart very briefly stops, resets and then kicks in again. My chest goes tight, I can feel them sometimes in...

Last reply
  • What could it be?

Hi. I have been having some heart palpitations, hyperventilating etc since January of this year. All signs linked to blocked arteries (angina) so I had an Angiography which came back clear. I have been getting bad kidney pains along side all of the other symptoms but since the angiography the pain has...

Last reply
  • I've had 3 heart palpitations over 8 days - what could it be ?

Im 24, and since October 1st I've had 3 palpitations - where I can hear my heart rate rising and it reaches at least 120/130 bpm. I've had an ECG a month before for a routine - it showed up as normal. I've also had a oxygen test - came up as 99 percent. I have no idea what is going on. It...

Posted
  • 2decho result

Pls help me with my results...normal left ventricular dimentions with nild hypokinesia of the interventricular septum and anterior wall consistent witn coronary artery disease with adequate global systolic function.at rest the inferior inferolateral and anterolateral wall contract normally.thickened...

Last reply
  • Suffering with heart flutters/possible PVCs/PACs

I'm suffering! I'm a 25 year old female, and since about the age of 15 I have felt heart flutters and skipped beats. It seems like I go through episodes. I can go months or even a year without them, but they randomly come back! It's all so scary and depressing. I've had heart holsters,...

Last reply
  • Help I'm worried I've got brugada syndrome

I've had afew ecgs and it's sometimes comes back with incomplete right bundle branch block and sinus arrhythmia, the doctors say I'm fine and they won't do more tests, but I'm worried it indicates brugada please help. Also I have high vagal tone and I'm worried this may trigger...

Posted
  • Missed beats

Not sure if there is any info about this out on the internet but hopefully someone can give me some advice.  So a few days ago i was laying in bed trying to get to sleep and all of a sudden i felt my heart miss a beat (felt like it stopped for a short moment) then thud into action again and race...

Last reply
  • Medication

I am a 46 year old male. Had a 98% blockage of the main L A D artery. I have been informed by my gp that I am due to come of some tablets mid October.  I currently take aspirin, ramipril, cloperdogril, atorvastatin, bisoprolol, nicorandil, isobode mononitrate, gtn in spray form, and pantoprazole. ...

Posted
  • Over medicated heart patient

Since my second heart attack last October I've been prescribed many more drugs and they are causing nights of lost sleep for one. I've looked up the side effects of these medications on the Mayo Clinic website. The worst for me are leg cramps below the knees that awaken me around 3.00am...

Posted
  • Prinzmetal’s

Hey all... I’ve been diagnosed with Prinzmetal’s angina 7-8 yrs ago. Symptoms usually occur at night and around my menstrual cycles. Triggers include cold weather and stress. I will be taking exams soon and the stress is making my anginal symptoms much worse. I am on nitrate therapy, cant take much else...

Posted
  • Chest pains

Sorry to post this in here but i'm dying for answers, its driving me crazy. Basically about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety after weeks of chest pains and dizziness, i had 2 ECG's one at A&E and one at my doctors which both came back normal and then i had a stress ECG, which also...

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations scared as hell.

Hello there. My name is Alex I’m a 19 year old female fairy slim weigh 120 pounds height is 5’4. I’ve been dealing with heart palpitations for several months now but have recently been experiencing a lot more. I’ve had heart echos ekgs chest cts holter moniters X-rays and blood test. So far everything...

Last reply
  • Headache, dizziness, chest pain

(For reference I am 13 and female). This started probably about three weeks ago. Whenever I moved, even slightly, I'd feel my heart pound. (My blood pressure has been okay the times I have checked it). My pulse wouldn't necessarily go faster, it would just be extremely heavily in my chest. I...

Posted
  • heart failure

heart pounding sweating ankles and legs swollen breathless i have all these i have had an ECG now waiting for a echo cardiogram was told if symptoms worsen to go straight to hospital this was last Thursday i am confused though as every day is worse than yesterday at what point do i go to hospital ??...

Last reply
  • Chest, arm shooting pain, electric sensation

Hi my name is lynsey and Ive been getting shooting pains, electric sensation in my chest and arm left side, I've been to AE twice as the pain was there but I couldn't breath and the first time they did blood tests on my heart came back Normal and KCG normal, second visit another KCG which is...

Last reply
  • Heart palpitations...scared

I'm very scared. I know I have anxiety and sometimes I honestly feel like I have it under control and some days I cry all day because of how I feel. But I feel my heart skip a beat and I get very scared. I know this is normal for anxiety, but I can't get the scared feeling,out of my system. ...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.