Skip to content
Ad

Cardiovascular Disorders

Also known as Atrial Septal Defect, Bradycardia, Cardiac Enzymes, Cardiomyopathy, Digoxin, Endocarditis, Heart Attack, Heart Problems, Infective Endocarditis, Myocardial Infarction, Pericarditis, Thrombophlebitis, Transposition Of Great Arteries

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Scary High Heart Rate, Need Answers

It all started about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. One day I started to notice that my heart rate was higher than I felt it should be. At my appointment I spoke to my OB who checked it and said it was 120. She sent me to emergency department where they did an ekg and some blood tests....

Last reply
  • SVT caused me to be obsessed with my heart rate

I was recently diagnosed with severe SVT (superventricular tachycardia) and i currently wear a holter monitor so i know someone is monitoring my heart (and it is a 24/7 service) but it has made me become SUPER obsessed with my heart rate, and its controlling my life. im lways checking it, if its jist...

Last reply
  • Heart rate increase during the night

I've been suffering with worrying heart symptoms over the past few weeks. It's happened three times now and under exactly the same circumstances. I go to the toilet between 2:30 and 4:30am. I come back to the bed and I try to go back to sleep on my right or left l side and I do sometimes...

Last reply
  • worried about my heart? not sure what to do

hello all, i would like to start this off by saying i’m a relatively “healthy” looking 17 year old, i am not obese/overweight - however i don’t have a great diet and i try to rectify this by going on healthy diets avoiding crisps and chocolate and the like but i always fall back. i would go walks everyday...

Last reply
  • Resting heart beat and beats during normal activites

If I am just sitting my pulse is 81/82. Sometimes it is even 75/77. However, If strat moving around and just take a few steps to go from one room to another it goes up to 100. I notice during my activities in my kitchen my bets go up to even 115/118. It seems high to me. All these numbers are shown on...

Last reply
  • Feeling tired, fatigue,

Hi, One day in office I suddenly felt uneasiness, breathlessness and I felt I was about to faint. It lasted for 3 mins and I was okay after that. 4 days later, I fell sick and started developing dizziness, breathlessness while walking climbing stairs. I consulted doctor who did ECG and said everything...

Last reply
  • Tal Golesworthy device for me?

Hi I have left ventricle enlargement since 2011 and the ejection fraction of my left ventricle is %25. My cardiologist is going to install an implantable defibrillator for me. I have read about Mr. Tal Golesworthy and his device. He had an almost similar problem with one of his heart valve (as far...

Last reply
  • Heart problems or anxiety?

Hey guys, I have had this problem since I was 7 years old and I am 19 now. For some reason, at times I feel a forced strong heart beat in my throat.  I can be laying down or standing up but once in a while I feel these. I’m assuming it is not life threatening or else I would of been dead by now....

Last reply
  • Rapid heart beats

I am a 39-year-old woman. For the last 6 months, I have some episodes that are making me worried all the time. I had an echocardiogram, stress test, and had loop monitor for two weeks but nothing was found serious. My doctor told me my heart skips beats and sometimes it has premature beats. I was...

Last reply
  • Distolic dysfuction

I was recently diagnosed with distolic dysfuction also known as a stiff heart my cardiologist said im not going to die but im still worried he put me on beta blockers to try and get my heart to fill with blood more. But im still scared im only 36. Does anyone else have this?

Last reply
  • Palpitations and murmur

Hi, I’ve had palpations/Skipped beats for 10 years (happened once a fortnight) It never really bothered me until the last year.  I’ve been to see My GP as it’s happening several times a day now. When she listened to my heart she heard a murmur. I’m going for an ECG which is great but really concerned...

Last reply
  • Would low dose Verapamil increase erratic heart rates?

Have had PVS irregularly for a while - usually one or two a week - that I can feel anyway and occasional erratic heartbeats maybe 1 or 2 episodes a fortnight or so.  After a holter monitor the Cardiologist said to take 40mg Verapamil twice a day for something he saw on the report - a run of something...

Last reply
  • New symptoms of breathlessness

His all Forgive me for I don't know where to post this as I don't know what's wrong. For 2 years I've been lightheaded. I've had blue vein hands, dizziness and pains over my body. A week ago I got breathless feeling like I wasn't getting enough air into my lungs. Now I'm...

Last reply
  • EKG

I'm a 58 y/o female, I've had hypertension for about a year but my BP is well controlled now. I had an EKG done today and one showed it was normal, and the second copy showed that there may be possible left atrial enlargement with the P waves. My doc said it was nothing to worry about, but I...

Posted
  • Mold and Heart Problems and Pain

problems? Roybum I've been having tremendous chest pain, heart palpitations (pounding) and shortness of breath since April of 2015. This all happened shortly after moving into a new apt. It's been over a year since I moved out and yet the symptoms have persisted and have gotten worse in some...

Last reply
  • All in the head or all in the heart

I've hit my lowest point in my life and I really don't see any hope anymore. For almost a year now, I have struggled with this mystery illness that I cannot get any answers too. I have been to the ER over 6 times, I've been to my primary care doctor at least 10, and seen countless numbers...

Last reply
  • Did I have a heart attack?

Bloody hell, think my life just flashed before my eyes. Took a second dose of cold and flu tablets after having flu symptoms for four days.  First day just a runny nose, second day chesty cough and the usual cold symptoms, third day same again, fourth day I started having pain similar to trapped...

Last reply
  • Pinching on left side of chest.

Let me start by saying that I am 23 years old, 5'2 and weigh 100lbs. I am slightly underweight and really out of shape, I don't work out at all. I suffer from panic and anxiety and depression.  With that being said, I've been having this horrible pinching on the left side of my...

Last reply
  • Chest pains as a 16 year old, for a long period of time

Hello, I'm a 16 year old male, i've been suffering from various chest pains for over a year now. These chest pains are getting worse, but usually always change and never stay the same, usually located around my heart, rarely in the middle of the chest. I do sometimes have arm pain, but it's...

Last reply
  • chest pain

Hi, I had two stents put in on June 12 and for the first couple of weeks I felt great then slowly the shortness of breath and the tightness and pain in the chest started coming back. when they did the stents I had three blocked arteries. One was 97% blocked one was 90% blocked and one was 70% blocked....

Last reply
  • Frequent heart palpitations, feeling lightheaded...

Hi all, I'm new here and was hoping for some advice. About a week ago I had a very strong heart palpitation, like three or four VERY strong beats which then made me feel extremely lightheaded and as if I was going to faint, which I didn't.  After a couple of hours I felt ok again, but then...

Last reply
  • Help?

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/did-i-have-a-heart-attack--619087

Posted
  • Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia & Ivabradine?

Hi guys!  Im a 20yr old female so had an ablation aug 1st for SVT. Since then I have been SVT free! Woohoo!  But I have also been diagnosed with IST since then, and have been struggling to manage. I was diagnosed 4 days ago, and was prescribed Ivabradine for it with promising results. I have...

Last reply
  • Missed beats

Not sure if there is any info about this out on the internet but hopefully someone can give me some advice.  So a few days ago i was laying in bed trying to get to sleep and all of a sudden i felt my heart miss a beat (felt like it stopped for a short moment) then thud into action again and race...

Last reply
  • Angina or something else? Grateful for any advice at all.

Hi to you all. Just for the record I am 55 years old and have a history of ectopic hearbeats when stressed or tired. Other than that I have enjoyed good health and have always been told that the ectopic beats are nothing to worry about. So here's my dilemma: While on holiday in Spain a few months...

Last reply
  • Aorta lesion

Hi Can anyone give me any advice or information please?  I had a clear cell papillary carcinoma Grade 1 Stage 1 removed from my kidney in October 2016. My first CT body scan in February 2017 was apparently clear but my second scan in September showed a mass/lesion  on my aorta. My kidney...

Posted
  • having angiogram and worried

I had a regular stress test done and they told me it was inconclusive so I had a Nuclear Stress test done ordered by a cardialogist. 5 days later my regular doctor called and said that the results indicated that I need to have an angogram done with possible stents. When I called the cardioligists...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.