HIGH CT CALCIUM SCORE

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 67 male from south East Asia. I take medicines to keep my BP and cholesterol under control as well as a blood thinner tablet .My BP and cholesterol is under control except that HDL is 27 which should be around 40 . I avoid fat and sugar in my food ,however yet to start my daily walk ,due to busy office routine.

My cardiac gated CT scan has shown calcium score of 1845 . I was regularly taking Vitamin D supplement which I have stopped now . I have no chest pain or any other symptoms relating to heart ailment .My doctor has now advised me to go for a tc 99 Myocardial Perfusion scan .

I am confused .Should I go for this scan as I have no apparent indications other than the high calcium score and lower HDL ? Any advice from the Group .

SLA

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Holy crap, that is a very high score. get the whole work up buddy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.