What can be the cause of a minimal troponin t HS increase (16.6) 23 Male

Posted , 1 user is following.

On March 25th, I had a cardiac MRI, which showed no abnormalities. I wanted to make sure that I could resume sports activities. Six weeks later, I felt very tired without any apparent reason and went to the hospital, where blood was drawn, including Troponin T hs, EKG, CK, and BNP tests upon my request. The EKG was normal, but the Troponin T hs showed slightly elevated values of 16 (reference range: 0-14). The doctor explained that it was of no significance and discharged me. A week prior, I had already undergone a cardiac ultrasound and EKG at a cardiologist's, which also came back normal. Due to fear of a possible myocarditis due to the slight Troponin elevation, I have refrained from doing any sports since then. The Troponin level normalized after just one day and has remained within the normal range since. Three months later, I underwent another cardiac MRI and stress EKG, both of which showed normal results. The radiologist ruled out the presence of myocarditis.

However, I have read that a rest period of 3-6 months is recommended for myocarditis. Despite receiving assurances from all cardiologists that I could resume sports, I am still unsure if it's a good idea to do so, considering that the Troponin elevation occurred just three months ago, and theoretically, myocarditis could have been present at that time.

i just felt fatigue during the minimal elevation but since then i dont have any symptoms. i had 1 MRI,3 heartultrasounds and 16 times blood drawn since then with normal troponin t hs. i have strong cardiophobia thats why i repeated this examinations

(Doctors Tell me that Sport could have caused the minimal elevation but the Last Time i did exercises was 1 week prior) male 24

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.