anxious over frequent pvc's

Posted , 3 users are following.

Am having very frequent pvc's at work and after exercise and eating. The skips, flutters, and weak feeling in chest are alarming. Can anyone shed some light on this problem. No chest pain or tightening, just an uncomfortable sensation in chest along with the palpitations

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My sympathies. You are not alone. I have been having frequent PVCs for over 2 years now, and I'm only in my early 40s. It worried me greatly as I have a terrible family history of heart problems, so I decided to get it checked out. I wore a 24-hour holter monitor which reported an ectopic burden of 13% of all beats. The cardiologist explained that <5% is green, 5-10% is amber and >10% was red, so my rate was excessive. However, I was not displaying any symptoms and the echocardiogram did not reveal any structural or functional issues apart from minor regurgitation. Based on that, my arrhythmia was deemed benign, however I was told that my excessive rate of PVCs could lead to heart damage in the long run if left untreated. We established that it wasn’t caused by alcohol or caffeine, so I was given the choice of medication or ablation, and I opted with meds as a first measure. I was initially prescribed Beta Blockers but they did not work, so I moved on to Flecainide which has improved my condition significantly. I still get PVCs but much less than I used to. So I'll be keeping an eye on it. Anyway your best bet is to find out you PVC rate as a first step. Get your doc to give you one of those holter monitors or you can buy one of those watches that track heart rhythm or else just check your pulse and make notes. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.