Still Getting Bradycardia after Reducing to 0.625mg of Bisoprolol?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

After seeking advice from an A&E doctor and my own GP, I recently halved my 1.25mg tablets of Bisoprolol as I was finding that my heart rate was going into the 50s in the day whilst resting and the lower 40s at night when asleep which was making me feel tired and fatigued whilst at my desk at work.

I originally started the 1.25mg dose in September of 2022 after I was diagnosed with ectopic ventricular and atrial beats. A 24 hour ECG showed only 1 - 2% of my beats are ectopics and so it is quite a low frequency overall. An Ultrasound scan showed that I have a completely healthy heart and I am not taking any other medications at the moment. Blood tests have shown nothing out of the ordinary, including heart-specific ones that were done in A&E when I recently attended with ectopics. As far as the professionals are concerned, the only thing they can see is bradycardia on the ECG and the presence of some ectopic beats.

I am 29 years old, male from the UK standing 5ft 3 inches tall and weighing around 13 Stones 10 Pounds. I don't do drugs or smoke, and only occasionally drink alcohol on a weekend.

Is it normal for me to still be getting bradycardia and for my resting heart rate to go down to around 55bpm after I've been taking a reduced dose (0.625mg) now for around a week? I have also noticed an increase in anxiety levels too, but never any chest pains, fainting or anything like that.

Cheers!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My heart rate is often low 50's but after eating races, especially when im working. I take metoprolol twice a day. I have had stress test, blood test and multiple ekg's everything normal. Im 49, doc says my test results could be that o f a 20 year old.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.