5g per 100g

Posted , 4 users are following.

The rule is 5g per 100g

but would it be absolutely awful to eat something that is 5.5g per 100g?

I have a very restricted diet as it is, I mean before all of this, and every other area of my new strict diet is VERY low fat.

So, I was just wondering if that .5 would be a huge deal, given that otherwise I'm nowhere near the maximum amount of fat per day? I'm aware of the side effects as I have been on these before. 

If I can eat this thing, I'm only taking in maybe a total of 7g a day. Like I said nowhere near the daily max.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I use to be able to get away with 6g per 100g with no side effects and loose weight. Just try and see everyone is different.
  • Posted

Hi megansready,  I wouldn't beat yourelf up about half a gram of fat.  It shouldn't have much impact if you're careful otherwise.  If you make life too difficult for yourself you are just likely to give up completely.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi my understanding was that ur were allowed up to 15g of fat per meal - maybe I'm wrong - I didn't think it mattered if something was more than 5g as long as under 15 for the meal - can someone confirm this for me?

• Posted

No Meg!!! U need to keep to low fat!!!

Yes you're allowed 15g per meal but if you had high fat 10-11g for one you wouldn't loose weight and two you would be sh*tting through the eye of a pin!!! ??

The tablets get rid off too much fat and its with no control just oil coming out. Sorry if TMI but it's true. I lost 4 stone in 5 months.

If you stay low fat and watch calories you will loose and have no side effects!! Good luck. X

• Posted

Thank you for the replies! 

I figured it wouldn't be too much bother it is .5 but I thought I should check anyway.

Yes I've never quite got the hang of it any other times I've been on it. 5g per 100g, 15g per meal.

I've always been confused about whether something can be over 5g per 100g but as long as it's 15g for the whole meal, whether it's okay?

I try just to stick to the 5g per hundred but theres a meal replacement I'm currently taking that's very helpful in keeping me full and well it's 5.5g per 100g. 

Anyone else starting to hate the word grams right now? Haha.

I'll just see how it goes yeah. I don't mind the side effects so unless it messes up my weight loss I'll go with it.

Thank you so much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.