5htp to help with withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone, I have posted here a few times, am also trying to get off elavil, fouth attempt coming off 10 mgs. Down to about 3 mgs, started weaning in May. Amost gave up last week, but read an article about 5htp and decided to give it a try. Started at 50 mgs twice a day and yesterday went up to 100 mgs twice a day. It has reallt helped me, especially to sleep better. Had a slight headache for two days but that was the only side effect. I now feel like I can do this. It is easy to find and not too expensive. It helps to make your own seratonin which is causing all the problem withdrawing from elavil or any other antidepressant. But yoy can't take it if you are on an antidepressant, it can be dangerous. So if you are down to a small dose, as I am, you could give it a try.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.