5mg escitalopram 3rd week

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

the first 2 weeks on escitalopram was bearable side effects some anxiety and headache during the day.

starting week 3 while having some more stresses i am sleeping worse and keep waking up in the middle of the night and i also lost my appetit.

what do i do is this normal ? I keep thinking it's just 5 mg and i am 187cm and 82kg. so thinking that 5mg is not so strong to cause this so is this just me now ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Body type will have no affect on the dose of psychotropic drugs...

Unfortunately you will continue to have side effects for a few weeks yet, but you shouldn't get any new ones after this point, which I hope is comforting!

• Posted

I am so sorry you are having these issues. To be honest, I have tried a few different antidepressants and most did not click. Lexapro did. I did not experience this and I take 5mg. My personal thought is that it may not be clicking for you and another medication might be more appropriate. After 3 weeks you should not be developing symptoms, they should be subsiding if anything. This is merely my opinion and I recommend you talk to your doctor but you should not be feeling worse.

• Posted

You have to let at least 4-6 weeks to start feeling better. Your body has to get used to new meds. I was on that couple of years ago i gave it one year. Well it didnt turn out that good so now I'm on zoloft . Been on this for a year in december still feeling low. We have to find out what is right for us. I was told in hospital you must at least give antidepressants 6 month before switching. I hope this helped God bless.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

one additional thing i was on celexea citalopram for 1.5 year and stopped it one and a half month ago because it wasn't that good for me. do you think that plays a role too in what i am experiencing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.