5mm kidney stones and the pain i have is very bad

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to the ER last week and was told i have a 5mm kidney stone and that it will pass on its own. that was on a tuesday and the following saturday i had to call in sick because the pain got so bad that i was delirious. the pain has since gone down but it is always there. I can not call in sick any more or i will not have a job. should i go back to the dr or what?... i am drinking a lot of water and the nausea will not go away. any advice please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Yes you need to go back to the doctor he will test your urine to see if there is still blood in it and tablets with the pain and to help to pass it. He should then send you to the urologist and he should book you in for a ct scan to see where the stone is and if they need to operate. I'm in the same boat, if your in the UK the waiting list is 6 weeks for ct scan 😭😭 Hope this helps

• Posted

add on....They did give me a prescription for something to help me pass it but I am allergic to one of the main ingredients of the meds ... I am allergic to salfas in a bad way.  and the pain pills make me dizzy..  
  • Posted

Hi

I had an 9mm stone that blocked my right tubes which needed operating. I also have a 5mm stone in my left kidney which hasn't moved / come out yet and I'm waiting treatment ( in the UK) I was told I probably wouldn't be able to pass a 5mm stone so it would need an operation. 

It could be that your stone has caused a blockage which is making you feel unwell. I would go to A and E and tell them how you feel, you should get a CT scan done there straight away , I did with my 9mm stone as I was septic and very unwell. Kidney stone pain is awful I found diclofenac suppositories were the only thing to help the pain. That and morphine ( in hospital) 

Hope it gets sorted soon! 

Laura 

• Posted

Hello I recently have had kidney stones problems recently. I'm 22 Female. I went to a urologist he said I have several small ones in both but a 5mm in my right and my tube is too small to pass on my own I could but it would be paingul so he suggested a procedure to get it out . So I'm going with the procedure ba outpatient super simple procedure go to a urologist

• Posted

Can I ask what procedure please? I've been told a ureterscopy but this would probably mean an overnight stay in hospital. 

Thanks 

Laura 

• Posted

Hi, I had laser treatment two weeks ago for a 5mm stone. It was a fairly painless and quick procedure. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.