5th metatarsal fracture displaced awaiting surgery, should it be this painful after 1week?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Fractured 5th metatarsal and its badly displaced. happened 20/7/19 got to wait for surgery on the 5th AUGUST cause the consultant is on holiday. Its been 1 week now and im still in so much pain, had back slab changed to full cast on 25/7/19 . i cannot extend my toes upwards, im getting pain and cramps in top of my foot near the ankle, cant sleep pain is continous.

Is this normal ? ive never had a cast or broke a bone, i thought it would be fine if i didnt move it and kept it elevated but its killing me still. im worried that i cant move my toes upwards anyone had same thing?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if it doesn't involve the joint just hang in there. it will be ok in a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.