5th valve replacement

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all

im new to the site but thought i would post as would like other peoples perspective.

i have had 4 valve replacements in the last 14 years (3 aoritc and 1 mitral) all open heart and have recently been told that my mitral needs doing again and very quickly.

im only 52 and have learnt to accept my fate to some degree as its out of my control and seem to have convinced everyone around me of the same, to stop them worrying. however, i am worried this time as i have also had endocarditis and have a feeling of uncertainty that ive not really had before. has anyone else had multiple surgeries and what have you used to cope? think i just need to get some perspective from someone who has been through the same as i think youll all agree, anyone that hasnt experienced this, doesnt always understand. any thoughts?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i haven't had the same procedure as yourself, but i have had a Coranary Artery Bypas in the last two years. I have recently had another Angiogram and been told I need another CABG. the consultant who did the Angiogram and asked his counterpart who did the bypass to consider doing it again as i now have a blockage in the artery he replaced. My concern is that the consultant who did the bypass has asked someone else to do a PCI. So am feeling rather pushed from one to another and this is stressing me out i would appreciate anyones thoughts who have had to go through the same .

Many thanks in anticipation of your response.

I am 68 years old and male .

• Posted

It seems you do need surgery. 5th value replacement sounds bad. I think you need to think and access what you need to do to prolong the life of your heart valves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.