5th week on citalopram when will I feel relaxed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel my mood has lifted a little bit But not a lot was wondering if any one could tell me when there head felt relaxed on this med. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophia I wonder the same thing T times. I've been raised from my 5mg to 10mg only a couple weeks now and I really kind of felt the double dose would make me feel somewhat a little different but I'm not certain that it is. I think when I first started it took me a good six weeks to feel anything, but like I 've said before, i just don't know

How I feel sometimes. 🤔

• Posted

Hi Sophie

you don’t say what mg you are on? These meds take a long time to kick in at least six weeks then whenever you change dose up or down your body reacts with unpleasant side effects.

the rule is to stay with the same dose for several weeks then up it if your doctor approves and wait several more weeks. 

I levelled out at 20mg with Citalopram but it took me six months to feel really good and happy again.

im off drugs now but going through a bit of a crisis and so far I’m managing. I will not be going back on meds unless I can’t function properly then I may have to.

good luck and be patient it takes a lot of time! 

• Posted

I am on 20mg I just want some approval and good new that after these weeks my mood would off changed and I will feel relaxed and content as I can’t be having any more time off work 
    • Posted

You will get better SOphie so just give it time,it’s such a slow process. Give it more time and patience.i kept working and just let the unpleasant sensations wash over me. I acted as if I was ok as I had to deal with the public. Once I stopped fearing the anxiety and panic it went awayOnce the meds started working I was fine.

i was also on 20mg.

• Posted

I took 6 weeks off work while the side effects wore off then did a phased return to work. Give it another week or 2 and you should start to see an improvement. Not every day maybe but some days will feel good while others still a bit sketchy. Its not a miracle drug in terms of fixing all anxiety but it certainly does help given time. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.