5th Week post 2nd TKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

Start on a positive,been to see Mr Sudakhar for my follow up conceltation a week earlier than normal, he was absolutely delighted with the knee progress ROM 110+ and a straight leg, ive just started climbing up the stairs normally, but coming down still a bit wary. Iv'e still got swelling round the knee and will for a long while yet,walking the dog a couple of miles a day then icing when i return.The negative is still sleepless nights, taking zolpadem for sleep but it lasts maybe 3-4 hours then thats it awake, actually that tired it makes me feel physically sick ( but not sick) i would be interested if anyone else felt the same, i mentioned it to Mr Sudakhar and he said yes common effect of this surgery, but i should soon see a sleep improvement,again no pain just a very sensitive scar and stiffness in the knee as the night progresses and the need to keep moving leg position. Using a pillow between my legs and bio oil for the scar.So all thats left to say is HAPPY CHRISTMAS to everyone and god bless.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You sound like you're making good progress Brent with the walking a couple of miles a day with the dog 😃

I'm still not walking far at 4 weeks but not bad going up and down stairs. Like you my leg is still quite swollen.

Hope you manage to get some better sleep.

I wish you and yours a Very Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year 2019!

• Posted

Thanks Daisymay,sounds like your coming along well as well,wonder if santa will bring me some sleep for Christmas. 😃

• Posted

i just had my third total knee replacement one week ago its starting off bad again i have what is called foot drop. HAS anyone heard of this? MY first week was great all i did was sleep now my foot hurts more then my knee and im getting no sleep.

• Posted

Hi Brent it's 7 months for me and sleep etc all good. As the night progresses my knee feels a bit tight but what do you expect after the trauma of surgery it had to endure. Booked in my other knee Feb next Yr so take it easy sleep will come I found sleep at about 2 months massaged behind my knee with voltarol and 2 paracetamol helped. Good luck and merry Xmas x

• Posted

Thanks Ann, actually using valtarol and paracetamol just having to bide my time till sleep arrives.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.