5yr son has an app to go in and have grommets

Posted , 1 user is following.

i am so nervous i have just made an app for my son to his grommets op everyone keeps telling me it will be fine and i know that it is going to make a huge difference to him but i still have butterflies in my tummy! :!: :!:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

My son is due to have his gromits fitted next week. We have been today to visit the hospital and meet staff, and I have signed the consent form! I know what you mean by butterflies, it's just a mother's natural instinct. I have researched and question myself about whether we should go ahead, but like you said it will benefit our sons and that is what is important. Scarey the thought of them having anethestic but this is something that happens every day. Wishing you lots of luck your end and happy hearing!!

• Posted

Yes my daughter is due to have op in the next few weeks just waiting confirmation of date!

I am sick with worry even tho son has had 5 ops in the past he was a lot younger and remembers nothing...daughter is nearly 5 however and will know exactly what goin on and is scared of docs/injections etc anyhow already...dreading it. But will be better for her in the end...poor thing

• Posted

thanks for all your replies we had the pre op appointment last week he seems to be obliviouse to the whole thing not sure if thats a good thing or not! his op is booked for the 27/3 so still have a couple of weeks to be nervouse! hope alls ok with everyone else x
  • Posted

aw i glad little one seems ok..good luk for 27th we got pre op that day!

let us know how it all goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.