6 and 12 weeks post op.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Am 6 weeks and 12 weeks post tkr for both knees. There was a 6 week space between surgeries. I have been going to the pool the last three days. Progress has been made! I can see it and feel it in my knees. Never underestimate the power of the pool. Keep working hard and doing your exercises and hang tough.

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Awesome! I have a pool too. Just waiting for the incision to heal so I can get in! Thx for the encouragement !
    • Posted

I hated the waiting but excited for you to get in that pool.
  • Posted

thank you jen, i do need to get into that pool more, besides all the other exercises i do, i'll give it a go, best, kathy p from fla.

• Posted

I have had three sessions of hydrotherapy at my physiotherapists and it's great when I'm in there but when I'm out my knee stiffens up again! Would be OK if I could live in the water all the time! Judging by all the comments on this site it is a long haul but it does get better, well that's what I've got to keep telling myself or I'd just be so depressed all the time. Onwards and upwards xx

• Posted

Hi Jen,  The pool I have not thought about.  I guess because I was told to only keep my leg sumerged for a few mintes or less.  But that was when it was still healing on the outside. Now im about into my fifth week and im thinking the pool may help me.  Well my uncles pool may help me but still its a nice clean pool. 

Thanks for sharring that information. 

Kenny Clayton

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.