6 and a half weeks on 100mg feel rubbish again!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Over last few days felt anxiety and tension creeping back up on me im 6 and a half weeks on 100 after 13 weeks on 50.Feel like this is never going to work for me its a living hell having thoughts of suicide again.Its not an option love my kids too much but having the thoughts scares me.Im on a course at the moment and really struggling with it im way behind and cannot concentrate on anything or process information at all memorys terrible.My son refuses to speak to me also for some reason hes 15 and i worry about him all the time.Very depressed as well not good at all what do i do increase my dose or keep going on 100 this is the worst sick of myself on here looking for encouragement all the time im pathetic.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lee48631,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Posted

Hi Lee you are not pathetic, you are not well, when we do not feel right we look for answers and encouraging comments from others who have experienced what we are going through and this forum is as good a place as any so do not hesitate using it.

You are still on early days for the new dose to settle plus you have doubled your dose, couple this with the stress of your course , which has probably put you out of your comfort zone. no wonder you feel like you do. Is there an option to retake the course when you are on more of even footing?

With regards to your son, I would not worry, teenage boys are a complete mystery, even to themselves, he will come round, probably has a lot going on in his head and does not know how to deal with how you feel as well. When we are not well we always like to have the security that those we love and care for are ok if they aren't then we always imagine it is our fault, when most times it invariably isn't

Give it another couple of weeks and I am sure the way you are feeling will have lessened

• Posted

Thanks for your reply it makes a lot of sense just have to keep going and hope for the best

• Edited

i am feeling thesame way i am going to ask doctor if i can try vibryd

• Edited

lynn,

changing the med will only make it worse again!

You may be on sertraline for 5 months but you also withdraw from luvox at the same time. You must count the time your at 75mg from when you were on that med only without the other med.

And increasing it might be a way better option that changing again and again.

You will never heal if you keep on making changes all the time.

Stick with sert, increase your dose and count the time from that.

• Edited

If you invested this much time I think its definitely worth to give some more weeks to see if there will be any improvement. Did you get any sedative from your doc? (btw Ive been feeling the exact same way on 100mg after 2 and a half weeks, went back to GP today explained how I feel, everything, GP recommended that to drop back the dose to 50 however she knows very well I had been on 50 mg for 12 weeks and I wasnt better at all. After this I understood that I cant get any help from my local GP so I asked for a referal to a psychiatrist, but she didnt do that either for me. I just cant believe that how useless they are?!)

• Posted

You may have to switch if you are miserable on the zoloft. People will tell you it's not enough time, but I feel like every single pill I take makes me worse. No progress, only worsening. So that is why I'm switching and I pray to God it works!!

• Posted

Bulldozer if you are in the UK you can self refer to the mental health team

• Posted

Yes I live in Manchester. How can I contact the mental health team please?

• Edited

Sorry about the delay in replying, I have sent you a private message with the details

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.