6 days after hip replacement -really stiff and sore is this normal

Posted , 22 users are following.

Feeling quite low such hard walk doing everything I have been told to. Sleeping is a nightmare is this normal??

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am still having stiffness in surgery leg and it is six weeks saw surgeon today all is good and normal everything is healing and it can take up to a year for everything to settle down. Rest when you can and do the exercises they do help with the stiffness
  • Posted

Oh yes, all totally normal - but the medical profession don't tell you do they?

I have set up a website of experiences from myself and others on this forum.  The address cannot be posted here due to restrictions, but can be found at my personal information at 

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/rocketman-sg6uk-907025

or the moserator's thread at 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thr-useful-resources-487147

or see the graphic below.

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Welcome to hippieland.

Its early days yet Barbara so dont be too disheartened. I was still an inpt at 6th day but since come home improved dramatically.

Keep up your meds as needed. Do move and exercise...yes it hurts but not in same way as the preop pain and it will get better.

I am day 17 and apart from nighttime and dreaded back sleeping doing good.

Keep positive xxx

• Posted

I think ... they call it "healing pain".... that vs the pain of a deteroited hip joint..

6 days is not a whole lot of time yet... hang in there ... if.... they did it right... 2 weeks in you should feel better.... take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.