6 days post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well, had my left TKR 6 days ago, gave up using the walker. It just got in my way. So far this recovery seems to be just as easy. My in home therapist came today and measured me at 96. So far i am only taking one pain pill at night to help me sleep! My therapist says my attitude has a lot to do with my recovery. I did my exercises before the surgery and do them several times a day as required. I may be retired, i don't have a job to go back to, but i refuse to let this get me down. I am convinced that i have an unusually high tolerance for pain and for that i am grateful. My doctor asked if i was going to have another 7 week recovery and i said maybe 6 1/2! It would be nice but I'm not holding my breath! My advice to everyone is to do what the doctor says and keep moving!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Becky it is great to hear such a wonderful success story. You go gurl !!

• Posted

Good for you! My first one 2 yrs ago was slow going I'm hoping my second one in MAY will be easier. You are very fortunate to bounce back with minimal pain . I wish you continued success.

• Posted

my first TKR was like that...but not my second one

• Posted

the first one was easy ...i was dancing at 4 months. The last one has been difficult and a much slower recovery. I had problems with the last one that i never experienced my first time. However i am 11 years older

• Posted

Actually, i think they are about even as far as pain and stability without aids.

• Posted

I've had both knees done 18 months for the right leg 12 months for the left leg. like everyone else it was painful but home after 3 days with 92 bend. It was slow painful. the right leg has not been a total success and outdoors need a cane but the leg had to be built up with cement dentists use but the left leg I even asked the surgeon did you give me a full knee replacement lol HOWEVER im still pleased i had doing more things than i could before the ops. thus group is what kept me going during the dark days of recovery. good luck to all past or present patients recovering or in the cycle of recovery

• Posted

how lovely to read your positive post.

I saw the Dr yesterday and I am booked in fir the 2nd May as a day op even though I have to have a general, Iam very apprehensive about this...I had a hip done 4 years ago and found that to be painful for the first week or so. If you can give me any advice it would be gratefully appreciated.

• Posted

The thing that has worked the most for me is to do the exercises recommended before the surgery and as soon as you are in your room start doing them! I have always had a positive outlook and my therapist says it is working. I simply cannot afford to have a long drawn out recovery. I do as much as i can without going overboard and just plain keep moving. I realize that I'm in the minority here, but i am 8 days post op and my rom today was 106! The therapist comes again on Friday and i hope to be 112! My best advice is to just keep moving. It will make all the difference. Good luck to you, I'll be sending positive vibes your way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.