6 days post op pics

Posted , 2 users are following.

working backwards...boot with no wt. bearing for at least 2 more weeks...black braces to pull my big toe over and next toe away...staples in back of leg for achilles repair...post op foot...finally pre op foot...infection, started antibiotic today...toe next to big toe may need minor surgery if it does not flatten out...surgeon is happy...i am impatient,,,any comments?  thanks

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

pics reversed themselves...starting with pre op foot and so on
  • Posted

You are seeing your toe so soon after op, didn't see mine for three weeks.  When I did he had over corrected my bunion toe, said it will move back towards the second toe, eventually wearing shoes.  Your bunion doesn't look much different from the your op photo, What was your op called. What did they do to the second toe.

i thought I was doing well so went to shops trying to find some wide fit sandals, but none found and I couldn't walk too far it was too painful.  So easy to overdo it, when you feel better. 

Hope your recovery improves.

• Posted

Hi Barbara - my surgeon seems happy - he X-rayed the foot; I am shocked to see it does not look very different from pre op.  That is, the angle of the big toes and the bunion - I thought it would be smoothed out...scraf bunionectomy - wedge cut at bottom of big toe because there is arthritis further up where they usually cut and pin...Yes it it early, it is swollen, it is infected (thus I am glad they opened up the cast yesterday) - the velcro black bandages are supposed to pull the big toe over (I thought surgery was supposed to do that) - there is a pin in it because it was a hammertoe and was cut and pinned - I cannot move the 2nd toe - it is stuck up really high and will require the 2nd minor surgery to cut or loosen the tendon...I am scared.  This is a young surgeon - he did 7 surgeries from 8 am until 1:30 pm , then me:  I just hope he knew what he was doing and was not too tired...he seemed happy with it - right now, yes it is early, but look at the bone structure.....it has hardly chanced...sorry to be whining Barbara, and I will get back to supporting you, I promise.
  • Posted

Barbara, it was hardly CHANGED - the bone structure...and now I will read about you and respond to you...thank you.
    • Posted

Susan, I agree, there does not seem to be much difference, but it is also difficult to see when the foot is still swollen. Did your surgeon show you your xyras? I also felt my foot could be improved, until I saw the xrays and was reassured. It is still early days, so don't panic. Also, everyone has a different shape of foot, and some big toes point naturally inwards and the surgeon has to go with that. I hope you continue to improve from what seems to have been quite a horrific op.
    • Posted

Barbara, no he did not show me the xrays - I looked up and the bone still looked crooked to me, but I am not the surgeon and who knows what I was looking at...Thanks for the reassurance.  I am not a patient person and I am not a "good patient"....LOL...some lessons for me to learn here.  Oh, pics of my "therapy pet bunnies" Susie & Jimmie (named after me and my husband Jim...) we rescued them, a couple of gifts friends brought buy and a side view of my foot 6 days post op.  Thanks again, Barbara
    • Posted

cute bunnies! I have my two springer spaniels to keep me company. Am now in week 3 and posted some pics on one of my previous posts. My toes are still bruised, like yours, and I stlll have plaster casts and crutches until the end of May (had both feet done at the same time) My husband goes back to work tomorrow and I will have to fend for myself then. Still signed off work but am working a little online so that I do not get too bored. I know what you mean about patience, it is the hardest thing in the world, but I am determined to do as I have been told so that I have a speedy recovery. At present reclining on the sofa, catching up on mails, can't watch any more daytime TV as it is so awful! Happy days!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.