6 days post Orthoscopic FS release and sudden pain in opposite back/shoulder ??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello, I'm 6 days post ORTHO release for FS (2nd FS incident, dominate arm) and awoke yesterday with pain upon inhaling in my upper shoulder blade/shoulder of my OPPOSiTE ARM?!

So much discomfort that I've been applying heat, self massaging it or having DH massage it. The super weird part is, I only feel the left shoulder pain as I INHALE, but it is far too high for lungs or ribs.

Referred pain from the aggressive daily PT post recovery? PINCHED something after sleeping on my non-typical side due to dominate arm being sore from surgery??

I'm stumped and curious if anyone has had something similar post surgery?

My surgery followup appt is in 6 days. FS 2011, both shoulders same time, cortisone shot was an almost insta-fix. FS again 5/18, dominate arm. Cortisone shot did nothing, 3 months PT 3x week with shoulder "guru" PT - incremental gains. ORTHOSCOPIC RELEASE 1/14/19

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.