6 Month check up

Posted , 3 users are following.

To be honest I have no idea how I was chosen to heal quickly. TKR in February. The first few weeks were painful but easily controlled with hydrocodone 1/2 pill twice a day. Only problem was sleeplessness and depression. Off pain meds after 4 weeks except Advil just prior to therapy. That hurt!!! Lots of icing. Pain free since first of April

I go to gym 3x weekly and do more exercises at home on alternate days. Lots of working quads, gluts, etc.  I do a lot of the exercises Chico has listed. They really helped. No return to doctor until next year. Thank you Chico!

I share this to say there is light and it can be done. But it takes a lot of hard work and patience 

God Bless

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love to hear happy success stories.  And also yes, you are NOT the norm.  I wonder if it all comes down to how much scar tissue any one person's DNA creates?  It really does seem random...  Plus no one can predict beforehand what will happen and how long their recovery will be.  Just be thankful...and keep up the exercise!!!

• Posted

Yes, I intend to. Tomorrow I am adding the keg weight press to my routine. Thank you for all your helpful advice
  • Posted

Yes it’s hard I’ve cried that I can’t any more I’ve been depressed because I thought I would be better straight after  delusional  I am or was now I just take each day as it comes it will get better but not as quick as I would like 10 wks this Thursday I love reading what others have gone through but I do enjoy Chico he has sound advice would love to meet him in person but as I live in the UK that won’t happen but if I need any advice this is the page I come to I do feel all Drs need to ensure that the patient understands what they will feel after the op or even put them in touch with other patients before they have the surgery 
    • Posted

Hang in there Kathleen. I had days when I questioned if it was worth it. It was! Today I told my doctor that the pre op classes need to be updated they need to read these posts and see what patients face. Thankfully I found this site the first week. 
    • Posted

Thank you Pat I wished I had found this site before hand I’m not saying  I would not of had it done  like a lot of people I had been in pain for yrs but when both knees became bone on bone it was time to get it sorted I was getting very frustrated not being able to get down on the floor and then not able to get up when playing with the grandchildren   And also being a nurse in case I had to get down on the floor maybe to do CPR  Or any form of First aid  treatment that needed to be done  doctors just need to give us more information beforehand and maybe do classes and meet the patience to be forewarned not to be put off but just to have the information that you can find on this site   I went on a cruise just before my holiday and I spoke to about 20 people because they noticed I got my knees strapped up out of the 20 only one had a bad experience  I will keep fighting and I will survive off now to physio to see what she can do for me  fingers crossed I won’t be in too much pain today 
    • Posted

Hi Pat I spoke to one of the nurses yesterday and said when anyone has knee surgery they should meet up with ex patients and  professionals  and talk about what is going to happen and what to  expect from the surgery whether it be good or bad she felt it was a good idea and was actually going to suggest it to our doctors  so I will wait with baited breath to see if this gets done as I’m on the patient participation group I attend the meetings and it should be brought up I will keep you all posted 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.