6 month negative duo test but certain hiv!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my storys goes like this I got really drunk in Thailand 28 weeks ago and ended up with a ladyboy. I didn't realise until he tried to enter me and I refused and he tried to put in my mouth and I refused and left the room. Well that's all I remember from the incident but not sure what had happened before. 6 days later I came down I'll and had a viral Infection. I thought it was nothing and had sex withy beautiful fiancee. She then got a purple rash on her leg which I thought could have been anything. But she then had some symptoms of ars l. Rash fever headaches. i then took a duo at 4 weeks and was negative and at 6 weeks also negative. I then had swollen nodes and a bit of a rash but my doc was certain it's not hiv but tested us both anyway at 8 weeks and was both negative. We carried on as normal but I was still convinced as my fiancee got a bad bout of sciatica and complained about her skin I also noticed my teeth were declining in health and had blood in my stool. O tested with duo at 17 weeks and cleared again. Life goes on I'm now convinced it can only be hiv and get a general health check and another duo test at 27 weeks exposure and told everything fine and I'm healthy so right now I'm very confused as to what has happened to us and struggling to move on. Any ideas anyone?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you've had that many negative DUO tests, then you don't have HIV.  Maybe you had some other health issues, but over the last few months, but I don't see how they could be related to what happened in Thailand, unless they were indirectly caused by stress.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply I've spoken to many docs and hiv agencies with people who've seen hiv since it started in 80s and all assure me this can't be hiv with them results and that they wouldn't even test me if I told that story. It's such a bizarre sequence of events especially in light of all tests being fourth generation. I know something has changed in our bodies and we definitely had something viral as I witnessed it myself which many doctors try and pass off as psychosomatic. I'm going to infectious disease doctor I think to try and get to the bottom of it. To think if I never went to Thailand all these things would have happened anyway I find really hard to believe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.