6 Month Post Myomectomy

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hi, I've been on this forum quite a bit now. Very long story. The main jist is I am now 6 months post myomectomy. Initally recovering well. My periods seemed back to normal and all ok. Initally lasting for between 3 and 5 days. As time has gone on they have got worse. Last month I had 2 weeks of terrible back pain before a period that lasted 14 days. I am still ridiculously emotional and it has actually hit me, how serious everything got before my op with my weight plummeting to below 5 and half stone. Ocassionally something will trigger a flash back and set me off completely, reminding me of the pain I had for so long and the unneccsary treatment. I am feeling quite low at the moment. Is anyone else having a similar experience? I am hoping it is all the hormones settling down. It is having a huge impact on my life, I am a total rollercoaster! Please tell me I'm not alone.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi i was diagnosed with two fibroids february 2018. One 10.4 and the other 4.5. My myomectomy surgery is in April. I am scared and a lil worried but i am also tired of living my life around my period. My blood count in February was 5 i received 9 blood transfusion because i was loosing so much blood i was tired couldnt hold myself up anything. Last week i had my period and i was bleeding heavy again so i went to the emergency room had my blood count check and it was 10.6 and i was so happy. All i recommend is eat more green vegetables and take the iron supplements with orange juice my hymetologist said vitamin C helps with the absorbtion of iron.. i just dont knw what kind of pain to expect poost surgery
    • Posted

The pain was moderate to severe the first 3 days after that it comes and goes not to severe. The worst thing is getting up from the bed you can not find a comfortable way of getting up without hurting yourself or trying to figure out a way to get to bed without hurting yourself. Also sleeping is very uncomfortable i didn't know how lay. But at the hospital i didn't have that problem🤔. But anyways it's not as bad as you think but everybody is different. I had to go back because i couldn't pee without pushing. All that pushing made another hemorrhoid pop out😔😣😧😩. So they put in a foley catheter. They gave me a night and day catheter. I had an appointment a week later to see a urologist but the day before i decided to ask my sister to take it out🙌🏾 and i could finally pee without pushing🙏🏾. So that was my problem not beeing able to pee and the pulling. You get alot of pulling sensation on your incision and your vagina is swollen for weeks and sore my legs and feet and thighs were swollen for over a week.

• Posted

Hello everyone, I am happy I could still join in. I had an open surgery for fibroids four months ago and my period is still heavy though no more pains but it lasts for 8 or 9days post-op. This saddens me becos I expected everything to be normal by now. I feel pain in my lower abdomen just when my bladder is almost empty during urination. I feel tiny "bites" around my incision every now and then. Good to know I am not alone

• Posted

Hi there! 

So my open myomectomy was over a year ago now, and things are different. Before the surgery up until currently, my period is every three weeks now, and lasts for 3-4 days. It’s like the fibroid made permanent changes to my cycle. Intercourse can sometimes still be painful, but not always. I also discovered different foods make everything more inflamed and stabbing pain occurs right where the fibroids were. (Dairy, wheat, eggs) crazy stuff!! 

• Posted

Hey Katherine32,

A year post-op should have made everything better. So how long before all gets normal? I have not started intercourse for fear of bleeding, I read it is safe after 6months? I honestly wish I can get answers. Thanks for sharing anyways

• Posted

Hello Bek,

I know this post is very old but I thought Id reply as Im dealing with something similar.

I had my 4cm fibroid removed about six months ago- it took two vaginal hysteroscopic surgeries to remove it all. I am still in pain. From your experience, did you ever completely recover from your fibroid surgery? How long did it take and were you in pain longer than six months?

Thanks

• Posted

Had a myomectomy too and its 8 month hv been having irregular periods mostly 13-18 day menstruation cycle. Of late l have been having super heavy periods for 6 or more days and its worrying me. Before op l was a regular 3 day period girl and were punctual too. Now regret having the operation

• Posted

Hi. I'm two months post op and on my second period. It's day 7 and I'm still bleeding, though not heavy. I'm sad and frustrated because my periods were the normal 5-6 days before the surgery. I want to get back to normal and it sucks to be in this pandemic.

• Posted

Just discovered this forum! I'm almost 6 months post open myomectomy and still have a very sore/sensitive stomach. Got my 6 month check up soon - last time the doc said I could expect pain and sensitivity for up to a year. I had TERRIBLE periods (not painful anymore but wow the blood...) Not so much swinging hormones but not able to sleep well since the operation. I would speak to your doctor tbh and see if they can recommend something to help with the period pains...maybe the pill/implant?

• Posted

Everything is curable and treatable. It may take some time before things completely return to normal how to treat your health plays a huge part in the prolonging of that cure. Eat right and try organic health supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.