6 Month update and questions.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello gang today I got my thyroid results back. Not good im afraid its not improved and she said it might even go further. What a nasty virus this is. Ive been put on levthyroxine 50mg. Im a bit nervous about taking this medication. My questions if any one has answers are as follows.

1. If I take this medication what will the side effects be, will it make me feel better again?

2. Is it possible to still take vitamins that are basically helping me live through the day?

3. On the leaflet it mentions propranolol which may be affected. I currently take that one per day.

4. Is there a chance If my thyroid improves some how, I can withdraw from taking this medication.

Thanks in advance for your answers 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jelley,

My brother took it for years (he was very sick, lupus and heart problems) without problems or reactions.

• Posted

Hi Jelley,

Really sorry to hear things are still so bad with your throat, really just wanted to write to let you know I'm still thinking about you and let you know I still believe you will get better from this. I'm afraid i don't have much medical knowledge about medications and side effects and interactions and things, I do know most medications it's okay to continue taking vitamins and herbs but it's definitely always better to check with the doctor as I couldn't say for definite.

Hoping that things can improve and you can get through the Christmas period (I know how tough it is when you're not feeling like it) and that next year can be a much better year. Hang in there Jelley, and let us know how things are doing.

Craig

• Posted

Im typing this from my bed. This morning I feel just about like I did when this started no fever as of yet but aching and very tired. I recently started lethoyroxine as you know my thyroid is now classed as under active. My dad has got something maybe FLU maybe bad cold. I probably caught something from him. Has anyone got an under active thyroid in this specific forum and tried lethothyroxine . I posted in the under active forum plus the medication one. Im getting real mixed messages regarding the medication. Some say avoid it like the plague others are saying it'll make you feel better. Im posting in here because the people are much friendlier here. In the others their basically saying your doomed either way.  

• Posted

Hey Jelley,

So sorry to hear you're having the problems with the thyroid medication, although I don't know anything much about that or the medication, just want you to know you have friends on the forum here and I'm still definitely thinking about you and believing that you WILL get better and 2018 will be your year of recovery and life being free and happy again - just really believing and praying for this for you in Jesus name.

Hang in there and hoping others on here have some knowledge of the medication and are able to offer some better advice than me.

Take care and thinking of you

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.