6 months after shoulder microfracrure surgery and my shoulder still bugs me, please help

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder 6 months ago because I had shoulder discomfort and pain from a fall. MRI's of my shoulder and neck showed nothing. My surgeon (James Smith) found a 5mm by 5mm whole/lesion in my shoulder. He did microfracture and filled while cleaning up around the whole. Anyways, I wore a sling for a month and I progressed with physio slowly strenthening. At 3 or months i began the throwers ten program. Starting with low weight and low resistance bands. I progressed with that as well. I am a baseball player and i was cleared by my surgeon to hit and do light throwing at 5 months. And now at 6 months I am doing the same. I have also been trying to keep good posture with my back and shoulders throughout ny rehab. From what I've read, by 6 months i should be better. However i am still tight with some range of motion. I still get sharp pains with some quick movements. I get a lot of soreness. Not muscle, but rather a deep kind of soreness in my lats, in and around my front and back of my shoulder and shoulder blade. I also get this in my neck and my tricep. I dont understand really how I feel, and its tough to explain, but there is always a general feeling that I have around my shoulder. I get evern more sore from baseball and some exercises. I am always extremly frustrared and confused. I cant find any other people that can relate to this so I dont know if how im feeling is normal. I just want to be back to normal again.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Glad you are making progress.  Keep up the good work!!  Not sure what you have read but 9-12 months up to 1.5 years to fully recover.  Slow and steady.  Baby steps as you continue to heal!!  Maybe you need to re-visit the physical therapist for a check up on your progress.  SLOW AND STEADY... baby steps...  you are not alone.  There are MANY of us going through this with you.  GOOD LUCK and post updates when you can.
    • Posted

Is there a risk of re-injuring? I am always freaking out that maybe i re-injured my shoulder doing something. It scares the crap out of me and i can't get it off my mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.