6 months in and I've hit a brick wall :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey

So it's been 6 rough months since I started Cit. First 10mg for 4 months and now 20mg for 2mths so far..

I was feeling good up until last week...I'm tired all day,hands starting to get sweaty again,I've the shakes and feel like crying among other symptoms..

I have to get bloods test done to see if my thyroid is over active or to see if I have enough iron

Why is this happening to me just a I thought I was doing fine? Everyday seems to be a struggle sad

Has this happened to any long term users?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's happening to me now too. I don't know what to do. Going to see my physician in a bit. Hope to sort this out or at least get some words of comfortsad
  • Posted

This is normal.  Along the road to recovery you'll be up and down with your mood, often thinking you're back to square one.  Even after months of feeling well you can suddenly be back down in that dark hole.  It's only temporary, just let it be there, carry on, keep busy, and also try to stay calm.  You'll find it'll ease off again.

Youve been on 20mg for only 2 months - I found with each dose increase I had to go through side effects and the time scale of being up and down each time.  You'll see that this is just a normal blip and it'll ease soon.

Expect these blips, but remember they're only temporary.  They'll eventually stop altogether.

K x

• Posted

Hi Cheryl,

It's totally YUK! ain't it! Horrible not knowing what is happening to you.

Same has happened to me over the past four months with all the ups and DOWNS! I recently upped to 40mg and got over the usual upping side effects to a place where things were finally (for me, not everyone has to go this high, lucky bergers!) started levelling out, until, last weekend. I ran out of cita and basicallly missed two days until Monday when I got my repeat sorted. It was my own fault, I started feeling good for the first time the downs were almost gone and DUH! went and forgot to get the repeat in on time.

This morning is the first time I have managed to get back on here because I have felt like total cr*p!

I said to someone here earlier, I do feel I am reaching the summit and am being posi+ive about getting better.

Good luck, keep at it and I'm sure you be feeling better soon.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hey

Thanks for the advise smile

I was getting really freaked out because of it...

I just hope it goes away soon and I can get back on track to feeling myself.. I do hope that my mind will stop racing that's very frustrating and i dunno why sad

Is citalopram ment to stop the mimd racing iswell?

• Posted

Hello Cheryl,

Cita does a lot of things and exaggerates certain symptoms, which I feel, speaking personally, I was not suffering from or needed to experience them. However, I am a glad they are basically (hopefully) over and I guess that is the way it goes.

Regarding all those thoughts, one off or multiple, all I can suggest is accept (takes a bit of doing), don't dwell on em and then let em go!

I have got to grip with the racing and used it to help me return to art.

All in all, I'll take all this, because I am determined to get better!

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.