6 months of pain and counting

Posted , 2 users are following.

The pain will not go away, I literally have tried everything. Ostepaths, physio, ice and heat and lots of rest. I have a toddler and one on the way. The pain started in my ribs on the right side and now radiates into my back between shoulder blades and my neck. So uncomfortable as I'm sure you are all aware. If one more person says to me oh you would want to get the pain sorted or manageable before you get to the later stages of pregnancy!! I'm aware it's going to get more difficult!! Struggling to look after my toddler never mind a new baby. I'm desperately hoping for a miracle. My doc won't send me to pain management as very little they can do while pregnant and he also suggested a rheumatologist to be properly diagnosed again tho scans are out of the question until after baby. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Is the pain around your bones or does it feel like it could be lung related? How is your breathing?
    • Posted

Hi moon, I'm in the dark when it comes to what's causing it. I do know that it's not lung related as my doc did check me for that.. Feels muscular although I know 2 of my ribs are not moving like they should which is causing a host of other problems. I belly breath now as big breaths will cause pain in my ribs and shoulder blades

• Posted

What type of pain is it dull or sharp? Does it sometimes burn? What tests have you had done so far?
    • Posted

It's quite sharp particular under both shoulder blades more on the right. Burning also at time and aching. I've just had bloods ecg and an x-ray done about 4 months ago. 😣 all fine

• Posted

Does the pain go into your armpits and does it affect you heart rate? Does eating make it worse?  Also are you on any medication? 
    • Posted

Hi moon, just posted an update on the forum. My osteopath found 2 ribs that aren't moving. Feel this is the reason for pain under shoulder blades and neck. Yes. I do get pain under my armpits. Feels sometimes like my whole ribcage is effected. On no medication as pregnant. Not sure if my heart rate increases with stress or anxiety. I do get palpatioms sometimes.

• Posted

I have had quite a few problems with my neck and shoulders over the years. It started under my left shoulder blade and travelled up to my neck. I had trouble moving my head to the side. I went to an osteopath who said I was very stiff and kept trying to pop my bones very painfully and she told my spine was misaligned, whatever that means! I then went to a physio who massaged me gently and I managed to get a bit more movement. What I later found out is that I have bruxism (teeth grinding jaw clenching) I also swing my jaw when I am anxious. I had Botox for bruxism and the pain which I had for years got so much better. But then I found out Botox is not good in your jaw and it can cause jaw loss and can make teeth fall out so I stopped it. Now I have to be really conscious of when I am doing it and stop myself. Certain medications can make it worse like antidepressants and some indigestion tablets. Is this something you think you could suffer with bearing in mind you can teeth grind in your sleep without even realising. Is the pain worse when you wake up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.