6 months on citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Ive been on citalopram for 6 months now and take amtripline 4 nights a week. Had a bad start with the medication but slowly felt better these past few days I've gone back to feeling depressed and anxious again has anyone else had this and what was the income. Don't want to be like I was before but feel I'm going back to that way.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I felt terrible on amitriptyline really low and depressed. Doctor took me off them and put me back on citalopram and I feel better. What are your taking the amitriptyline for? I didn't think you should really take both together?
    • Posted

I take it for migrans it has helped with them just starting to feel down and anxious again.
    • Posted

They had they effect on me. I used to take propranolol which helped my migraines and anxiety. I stopped them because I put weight on. Might be back on them at this rate!!
    • Posted

Did you have any side affects on them ones. I've put on weight since starting citalopram
    • Posted

No side effects with propranolol. I didn't put weight on with citalopram, but find it hard to lose any. Amitriptyline also have a weight gain side effect. I know it sounds vein or whatever, but when you are anxious/depressed the last thing you want is being worried about being fat. That's how I felt anyway. If I carry on like I am I will probably go back on them to be honest.
  • Posted

Citalopram made me feel like a zombie, I sat in my chair in my bedroom for a bout 2 hours each day, staring out of window. When I came off it I felt like my brain had been unshackled, I felt free.
  • Posted

Wonder if you get withdraw symtons coming of ampitripline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.