6 months on citalopram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I've been on these since January now. I am defiantly a lot better than I was . I have better days than others, but being on them 6 months I still don't feel 100%. Is this normal?? I'd say I've been on 40 mg for about 2-3 months??? So I'm thinking to give them another 2 or 3 months and then try decreasing to 30 mg? Because Maybe the dose I'm taking could be too high? I just don't know. Advice would be much appreciated x x x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also have recently started taking he contraceptive pill and I am so exhausted and really down. Could this be because of The pills or just me??
  • Posted

I think we all need better help with depression! Not just medication! I've tried many antidepressants and there's not one that has truly helped.

I suppose it depends on outside stressors too. If you're having a bad time in life with family and partners it's worse!

Also death of a parent and my mum being in Aged care doesn't help either.

You lose friends and rely on doctors for support. I know that my doctor is good but he can't be there for me 24/7. I've had awful times on Citalopram.

Coming off now and feelings of suicide.

Waiting until I am able to take another antidepressant seems like forever.

God bless you all. May they find a cure soon 💕

• Posted

Advice from all on here is mixed. Some have success on Citalopram and some don't!

I did not. May I suggest you a look into TMS? We can't get it here in Australia but I believe the US is proving it to be highly successful. Good luck 😉

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.