6 months post op

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi. Had thr on July so six months on.we on holiday in Lisbon and porto. We been walking about 6 hours each day. My operated hip aches now. Do you think will be okay if just rest once we return from our 6 day break? Has been wonderful being able to walk so much pain free but thino may have overdone it? X

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am celebrating 6 months too, completely sympathise as I have really overdone it this weekend. I walk my dog for over an hour most days over hilly fields and fell over last week. Over stretching some muscles!

Then spent Saturday cleaning and re sealing our shower. Lots of kneeling and getting up and down as it needed several coats. 

Then family bowling trip yesterday!

Did not even occur to me that I would have difficulty bowling????

How stupid am I!! 

I also have OA in my hands and "clicky" knees. Like you I just think I can power on as normal before hip got bad. 

Well I paid for it with a achey hips and a sleepless night. 

Would much rather have been in Portugal. Very jealous. However planning a trip to Rome soon which will be lots of walking so I will be forarmed with your story. 

It has made me realise I need to do some proper lunges and squats to keep building up those muscles, I have been busy recently and kind of "forgot" I had a hip replacement that is still in recovery phase!

I am sure a couple of rest days and we will be right as rain. 

Note to all hippies. - Bowling is NOT easy, luckily something I can live without. 😀

• Posted

Hi Kristen

Well back in the cold UK again.

It's funny isn't it that we expect to be fully recovered by now. Has been lesson to me to take care but hip lot easier today . And like you I have been lax with my exercise but will start again to strengthen hip and leg.

I was thinking of going bowling with my family soon and didn't occur to me may nit be sensible idea.

Enjoy Rome but make sure you pace yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.