6 months Post orif op - 11 screws and 2 plates !!

Posted , 2 users are following.

so i broke my right ankle on June the 12th 2021- pretty nasty fracture if you ask me, 11 screws and 2 plates. understandably i still have a bit of swelling and stiffness but for some reason just above my ankle, more of my lower shin has like a painful pressure whenever i step on it. i know im still in the healing process and its probably nothing but i was wondering if anyone else feels like different parts of the foot or ankle takes turns and has its phases of a bit of pain and pressure during the healing process? when i first started walking it was the whole foot, then my toes then my ankle and now my shin!! is this normal or should i be worried??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Im 7 months post op ORIF and am feeling the exact same thing in my shin. all of your experiences and different pains i too have experienced! Hang in fhere!

• Posted

Hey Christine,

thank you for your response. definitely makes me feel a bit better knowing its normal. do you still wear the walking airboot? i feel like sometimes it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.