6+ months since DX... Thisi

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey everyone.

I want to start by thanking everyone who posts here in these forums. Your words have kept me sane and strong knowing I'm not the only one and that we will all get through this. Esp you Craig; the rock to this place!

6 months in I still find myself struggling with the brain fog mainly. My memory is better as is my cognition and ability to focus. But I find myself still having issues where I'll feel like I'm not part of my world and time feels odd. I still don't have the strongest memory with regards to my previous day's. Hard to remember up to two days ago. But I can remember what I'm doing at work.

I hope for a day where the brain fog lifts and I can get my health back on track. I have found out of all the issues with this mono/gf and long term EBV, the brain stuff is the worse.

This too shall pass!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeffrey

I get brain fog/lightheadedness and I take omega 3 because that's supposed to be really good for your brain. Have you tried that? It's not worth taking unless you get decent quality due to a lack of active ingredients and heavy metals if you get the budget stuff, but if you can afford that it might be worth a try?

Best wishes

Rosie

• Posted

Hi Rosie,

I too have brain fog, and it gets in the way of my work. I may have to give this a go as nothing seems to help much. Thanks for your help 😊

• Posted

Hey Jeffrey,

Remember being inside a year of the virus I would say you're still at the stage where any weird and frightening symptom can take hold, including the brain fog. It must be a very frightening thing, just so sorry you've having to go through it, but as long away as it seems in another 6 months I feel confident that a good proportion of the brain fog will have lifted.

Try not to read a lot of stuff about the long term EBV, the normal course for most people is that it can affect them any length of time probably from a few weeks (more so for children though) to a significant number of months, but then things DO get better, they don't stay at that level forever. It's easy to think that they will stay like that because it's been going on for so long, but there is a really high chance that it won't so don't lose hope Jeffrey, improvement and a return to full health is on its way, it might be a lot closer than you think.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.