6 months since TKR. Painful tendon snapping...can't walk.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It is difficult and painful to straighten my leg because of catching - clicking tendon or ligament.6 mos. after surgery. Has anyone experienced this? The knee area is still numb and painful.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. After my tkr in jan 16 my knee was hot and numb for a long time

After 5 months I developped problems behind my knee. Could not straighten knee. Felt like hamstring connected to calf My surgeon wanted to go back in and cut Said i was too aggressive w rehab. No other surgeon would see me. Finaly in oct had revision. Think he tightened or shortened tendons that he ssid were stretched. Why not the first time in? Dont know. Anyway. This time around knee great.

Listen to your body. If it doesnt feel right go back to durgeon. Dont take no.

• Posted

Hi Marianne

I'm at 5.5 months so you're just ahead of me.

I must say I don't think what you're experiencing is right. You really must go back to your surgeon & get advice.

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi

I'm nearly 14 months post op TKR on right knee.

It's been a nightmare of a year.

Now been told I have muscle waistage at the side of my knee and hydrotherapy sessions should help.

I've had one one to one physio session last week and did a couple of exercises which helped with my balance.

However, the last two nights the pain in my knee has been constant so I've had only brief snatches of sleep mainly from exhaustion pain or no pain.

Can anyone tell me what's going on - they keep saying the prosthetic is fine but I'm beginning to wonder if the size was all wrong for me

Mary

0 Reply

• Posted

Oh Mary, sorry I don't know what's wrong, have you been back to your surgeon? I don't have any solutions for you but I am so sorry you're having all this trouble.

When you're getting through this relatively easily as I am, you don't think of those out there who are struggling.

I can't offer any actual help, but would like to offer my sympathy. Knee pain is hard, as you cannot lie, sit or stand comfortably.

We need Chico here, he would probably have some kind of answer for you.

Remember, we are all here with a sympathetic ear anytime of the day/night if you would like a chat or to vent.

Perhaps someone else can make a suggestion for you.

All the best

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.