6 Months with CIT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello folks, this is for those having been on CIT for 6 + months. Still having slight dizziness and foggy feeling first thing in morning. Anyone else experience this and did it go away ! Good luck to everyone and be well !

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise. Ive been on 20 mg citalopram since the end of November.

Ive felt very drugged and very fatigued with the foggy head.

Its hard to know whether its the citalopram or the illness.

I have decided to lower my citalopram as I dont feel much difference on the 20 mg as I did on 10 mg. Probably just more side effects to be honest.

My sleep hasnt improved either.

What time of day do you take your citalopram?? as im not sure whether to alter the time of day ive been taking it either.

Alison

• Posted

Hi Alison, I take my med around 9 at night.I'm sure it's med doesn't happen all the time but enough to notice and be annoying.
    • Posted

No but I might to see if that makes a difference. By mid morning on I'm good it's just first getting up !!
  • Posted

Hi I was on cit for 6 months and was struggling so doc changed me to escitalapram so for so good that was 5 days ago I found the mornings were the hardest bit of the day after 6 months on cit my mood was very low just hoping the change works out 😃
    • Posted

Don ,keep in touch if you see a change with new med am interested to know. I agree it's just the morning that's slow going !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.