6 months with sinus problems now eczema.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had one symptom after another. Now have developed a small patch of eczma on my face. Still nose stuffed chronic pains in upper gums especially at night. Trying not to give up just yet. Being put on predisone and amitripiline for facial neuralgia. Never suffered like this before just used to have stuffy nose.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I really feel for you, I have lived with these symptoms for many years, if all else fails try Menthol Crystals inhaled through your nose in very hot water, they need to be strong, it makes your eyes water, but takes away a lot of the symptoms, you have to wait awhile until thing settle down but should help you sleep, you can buy them at most chemists. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks Mary . I can take a stuffy nose okay but did you get the tooth/gum pain too? I have it especially at night when my heads on the pillow. I also get slight tingling in my head and face which I do worry about thinking it might be something else.

Take care

• Posted

Yes I did Richard, I have the same thing, just make sure it's not a gum infection causing the pain, try Cordosyl mouthwash with interdental brushes, also Olbas Oil on the pillow, be generous, at night, hope this helps, I have tried every spray and pill going, but find these help the most, with the odd pain killer. Take care Jo.
  • Posted

The top (maxillary) teeth have roots that can be very close to the sinuses. If the sinuses are inflamed, you will feel it in your teeth. Be sure that you get checked out by a dentist, as it could be an infected tooth that causes the pain, also. I have found that Sudafed (the real stuff) can help reduce pain from sinuses.
  • Posted

I can just complete jooley75 intervention, common causes of sinusitis:

- Allergies: hay fever, dust mites and others. Best solution is going to an allergic clinic.

- problem with sinus estructure: blocked internal sinus, low turbinates overgrown, polyps, in this case an ENT may go for a surgery.

- infected tooth: less common but totally possible.

so you need to visit a dentist and an ENT and insist until you get a ct scan and an allergy test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.