6 operations for nasal polyps - desperate

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have suffered from nasal polyps/ear infections for 22 years now and had 6 ops for nasal polyp removal and they have now grown back again! This is ruining my life - I have lost every job I have had from sickness I struggle on day to day with either constant sneezing or unbearable pain.

Now got depression and not sure where to go for help anymore. Been on Nasonex for years - Betnesol drops periodically for a week when really bad and asthmatic.

Do regular steams - snort water up nose all the usual things.

Any help/advice would be so appreciated

Meganbubaloo sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hello,

i dont think that i can help you but i will share my experience w/ you.

ive always had awful allergic reactions towards pollen, grass...

i had large nasal polyps. my whole max. sinus and ethmoid sinuses were totally gray on the ct. i couldnt breathe thru the nose anymore and i could even see the polyp hanging in my nose. no medication helped, so i had a FESS. the surgeon removed the polyps and enlarged the entrances to the sinuses. however 1 wk after the surgery i had an awful sinus infection. my eyes hurt, my head hurt, yellow, green and bloody secretion ran out of the nose. then i took antibiotiks(augmentin), cortikoid tablets(volon), corticoid sprays(avamys) and antihistaminica(aerius). 3 wks later everything was fine. i continued the corticoid spray for 6 consecutive months and now - 1 yr later - im still fine.

i still wash my nasal cavativities with saline water every evening. i hope that i will never ever get this crap again.

• Posted

[quote:1c01771ce3=\"meganbubaloo\"]I have suffered from nasal polyps/ear infections for 22 years now and had 6 ops for nasal polyp removal and they have now grown back again! This is ruining my life - I have lost every job I have had from sickness I struggle on day to day with either constant sneezing or unbearable pain.

Now got depression and not sure where to go for help anymore. Been on Nasonex for years - Betnesol drops periodically for a week when really bad and asthmatic.

Do regular steams - snort water up nose all the usual things.

Any help/advice would be so appreciated

Meganbubaloo sad[/quote:1c01771ce3] Do you have Samter's Triad/Aspirin Allergy?

• Posted

I am 24 have had 2 operations, and completly understand your pain. Try cutting out all wheat/gluten and dairy from your diet, this has helped me considerably. This may sound drastic but if it works as well for you as it did for me, it is worth it. Gd luck.
  • Posted

Hi meganbubaloo,I have had nasal polyps for 20 years,have researched for 10 yrs.Had three ops,tried everything,I know where your at,I was lost for a cause.What really worked for me and has changed my life,was having the endoscopy for nasal polyps removal,then saline nasal spray for one week,then Nasonex religiously two sprays in each nostril with you head tilted back,so the spray reaches all your sinus cavity.hope this helps,good luck.
  • Posted

I am really hoping I can help you out. I had nasal polyps for the 1st time around 6 years ago, I got spooked by the surgery and they somehow just went away. Shortly before Christmas I had a reoccurrence, I went to the Doc and he put me on the nasal spray ( steroid) with no effect.

Feeling desperate about 4 days ago I asked what they would recommend at the local health food store, at this point I was completely blocked on one side by polyps and trouble breathing through remaining side as well at night... well she recommended extremely high dose vitamin C, meaning 10,000 mg a day.

It is now Sunday, started Tuesday, polyps fell into my mouth through nasal cavity Thursday, I can breathe completely! I have to share in hopes this will help another sufferer, I know its hell.

• Posted

4 years later Kim I was wondering how you are doing? Did the health advisor tell you to take 10,000mg or just a high dose? I have had 8 ops and possibly number 9 around the corner. I am seriously considering trying your suggestion. Fed up with sprays/washes/steroids/anti biotics and of course the operations!!!
  • Posted

High doses of vitamin c over 6000 or 7000mg taken orally regularly can deplete other necessary minerals or vitamins in the body and i must warn against doing this on your own. I tried it and i know, Vitamin D3 can be very useful for polyps and sinus/ allergy conditions. I am building up to 5000iu per day taken in the mornings and may go higher. I try and get plenty of sun also. D3 regulates the immune system and can remove inflammation and also activate immunity and arm the t cells and antimicrobial peptides. There are some current studies into d3 and nasal polyps that would be interesting to find out about as they get results. D3 is proven to help prevent colon/rectal cancer with polyps. I am wondering what 4000mg of vitamin C per day with bioflavanoids would do combined with maybe 8000iu of d3, 500mg of magnesium citrate, 30mg of zinc and high dose of beta carotine or pro vitamin A. Herbal capsules of fenugreek and chickweed. Bloodroot ointment as a nasal spray. Homeopathic remedies including pulsatilla and sanguine..not sure how that one is spelt but it is bloodroot herb. Also take a colostrum product with beneficial bacteria and l glutomine to heal the gut along with the zinc and A. Try also gluten free diet and get a blood test for allergies to food and other things. Oh and omega 3 fish oil as its essential and will reduce inflammation. Use bayberry, chickweed and the fenugreek to remove any polyps.Good luck hope this helps alot of people.
  • Posted

i hope you are fine. but if still suffering then i will tell you my experience.  i am suffering nasal polyps since childhood and i am suffering from nasal polyps since 27 years.  i discovered recently that i was suffering from polyps since my childhood. i have opted for homeopathy medicine and got magical relief within one month. i was dying of sneezing day by day. but now i am feeling quite well and better. before my condition was worst and going much more worst by sneezing all the day everytime. i have started doing yoga for nasal that is anulom vilom in the morining. anulom vilom is close one side nose with a finger softly and take deep breathe from one open nose then close the nose with the thumb of the same hand gently without breathing out and breathe out from another nose side and vise versa repeat it as long as you can. second thing never use steroids instead use saline nasal spray.. in the begining you will feel bad as your nose become watery and start throwing water out of your nose. this spray will clean your nose bacteria and open your nose so that you could breathe easily. try this as long as you can. this nasal spray you can use even after you are fine so that polyps will never appear again. i myself has seen magical effects of this treatment . i can understand what problems you are facing. may u will get fine and get rid of polyps soon. when you will be polyp free plz reply me.
  • Posted

Hope you got better. Iam trying 1500mg fen

ugreek and 500mg cayenne three times a day. Beconase helps.

• Posted

Hello. Thankyou for your suggestion to meganbubaloo regarding high dose vitamin C and D3. I did my own reserach into these areas after this and decided to give it a whirl. After 8 operations ( number 9  looming ), various steroids, nasal sprays ect I had nothing to lose. So around mid May 2017 I started on 8000iu vit D3 and 6000iu on Vit C daily. I also use neilmed sinus rinse twice daily and nasonex spray twice daily. The doctor also put me on Fexofendine anithistamine for my dust/grass allergy, before I just has shop bought. There was no overnight cure but by week 3 I could taste food again and when I blew my nose if a bit stuffy it actually clears ( previously blew my nose but nothing happened ). I can now taste and smell is improving. Over the last few weeks I have deliberatly toyed with vitamin levels, missed neil med washes and a few days without Fexofenidine, all at different times. If I miss one of the jigsaw pieces issues return. I have now cut my vitamin D3 down to 4000iu daily now though. I had by blood test done at the doctors 2 weeks ago and it was normal. I strongly recommended blood tests if taking high dose Vitamin D3 as this builds up in your system and can cause damage over time. Just let your doctor know what you are doing. Since halving my Vit D3 dose I am a bit stuffier so toying with raising the level again since my bloods are ok. However compared to mid April when I last saw my ENT consulatant I am soooooooo much improved and will certainly keep my Vit C, D3, neil med wash, fexofenidine and nasonex routine up. Good luck to fellow sufferers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.