6 week check

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I'm 4 weeks post op full abdominal hysterectomy tommorow. Does the doctor automatically request to see me at 6 weeks post op or is this something I arrange. My sick note is only for 6 weeks and I work in a physical job and worried I won't be fit.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi. No my doc didn't. I saw her at 2 weeks for a sick note and again at 6 weeks to get another sick note. I am 6 weeks post op today and due to see her tomorrow. I don't feel well enough to go back to work yet either. Don't worry. You are early days. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi another question sorry I'm sick of showers really want to soak in the bath is 4 weeks too soon x
    • Posted

Hi. I went into bath after 4 weeks as doc said it was ok. 

I,did however end up with my scar opening a bit and needed antibiotics so stopped baths again. I am now back having them. I don't use bubbles though. I got bath salts from boots 

lee x

ps nothing beats a bath 

• Posted

Hi

back to docs today. Got another 4 week line. 

Wound healing up nicely. 

Had a bath again last night. It was great. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hello,

I will be 6 weeks post op full ABH next Tues and i have a check up with my consultant next Mon.I saw my doctor just over 3 weeks ago and she booked me a follow up appointnent for a month later This works out for next Weds.So even though i have 2 appointments a couple of days apart i am keeping them both to see what both of them have to say.I am not due back to work until June 8th so i might still need another appointnent to see my doctor the week before i am due back.

xxx

• Posted

Hi.

I got a sick note for 12 weeks.

As regards baths leave it until 6 weeks is best.

Donna x

Ps I'm 9 weeks post op now where near ready to go back to work can't even drive yet 😔

• Posted

hi, my surgeon sent me an appt for check up at hospital for June 18th and i received this via post about 10 days after my op, i'm now 4 weeks post op and my gp did sick note for work for me which expires on 1.615.  I thought hospital would provide this but they didn't so on Monday after op (20.4.15) whilst having my staples taken out i got the gp to do the note and he gave me 6 weeks from then so i actually got 7 weeks off, i'm really ready to go back now but not telling work that. I have an appt on 29.5.15 to get my fit for work certificate.
  • Posted

Hi, I was given appointment for 6 weeks later when I left hospital. Also went to see gp after this for certificate for work. 6 weeks is early days esp if manual work. I have been told 8 weeks is the minimum for basic healing . 
  • Posted

Hi

I didn't need to go back to see my consultant,I went to see my doctor 2 weeks post op and she gave me another 6 weeks sick note on top of what the hospital gve me so I am due back at work 6th july. Had a TAH and would not be able to go back after 6 weeks as I have a physical job, Im sure the doctor will give you more it may only need a phone call to the surgery.

Nikki x

• Posted

when the consultant came to see the next day after the op he said he wanted to see me in the clinic 2 to 3 weeks after the op. A senior nurse phoned to get me an appointed earlyest one she could get was 4 weeks after, at that appointment I was discharged back to my own doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.