6 week post after surgery what next kinda disheated and shocked when I saw my ankle today

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello there I broke my ankle on 6/03/2017 had plate and 5 screws it's been 6 week now and today I got the air boot and last night it's really hard me to sleep with boot . I saw some forum and said to keep the boot while sleep but it's Gona be really difficult for me . And when they open the cast I can't even move my ankle is it normal . Doc told me I can walk with boot on for next 2 weeks but I more worried about the my shApe of my leg it looks different than my other and little twisted I can say . So anyone plz help me how can I get back to my normal ankle again 😫😫

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine still doesn't look exactly the same as the other but it's livable! What do you mean twisted?! It's going to take a while to regain movement in the ankle! It was horribly stiff when I first walked (somehow bypassed the boot!) best to use crutches, down to one and slowly make your way there! Itl happen! Even now I get improvements in it! I still suffer a bit from swollen ankles especially after 3 12 hours shifts in a row but then again I had my op back in August

• Posted

Hello Tobyman

Congrats on the boot🎉 can you take it off while resting??? Yes your ankle will be stiff as its not moved in a while ((i know 14 weeks nwb😯wink)As for sleeping in the boot its hard but if you have been told to do it as at least its protected i have an airboot so i take some air out and still have it on several pillows this does help...someone else suggested loosing the velcro straps abit....trust me ive had the boot about 9 weeks now and i so want to ditch it at night not just for comfort but to be one step closer to normality😆

Hope your recovery is quicker Maria...

• Posted

do as the dr has advised, if he says you can walk on it, give it a go. if its uncomfortable or you're worried go back to the dr/gp and see what they think - maybe some stretching and exercises/physio would help straighten it out? 

• Posted

I didn't wear the boot to bed for very long, but when I did, I elevated it outside the covers on a couple pillows. The weight of the blankets bothered it so I just threw a little lap blanket over it.  I started leaving the boot off most of the time I was home. I would wear the boot only if I left the house. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.