6 week update post scarf osteotomy fusion 2nd toe with weilsostetomyof 2/3 toes and ligament release

Posted , 6 users are following.

thought i would postsome pics to show you how my feet are transforming over time.

first 3 at 5weeks just after pin removal - feet very dry

others today  feet uch softer. l/foot was done 20 yrs ago slightly different procedures. i have been concerned about bend in toe on r foot but it is improving and should improve more as swelling subsides. my feet dont match exactly but i feel very happy with them.  I was able to get into my fitflop boots today.  Not bad considering the extensive surgery. In addition to the bunion and fusion of 2nd toe i also had the bones shortened in 2nd and 3rd toes (weils osteotomy andd ligament release of 3rd 4th and 5th toes. 4th toe is elevated still but foot is still quite swollen. My bunion was severe it was almost crossing the second toe and caused it to hae a hammer toe.  I am walking around quite comfortably in my fitflops now but using a crutch outdoors as still feel a bit unsteady.

hope it helps to see how things change in a matter of weeks and days particularly as the hard sn and scabs start to disappear. was heaven when i first soaked my foot in the bath after neary 6 weeks.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Absolutely! I am having a holiday in the sunshine in January so might get to try them out sooner rather than later! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.