6 weeks 1 day......

Posted , 8 users are following.

This site is keeping me going.... thank you everyone.  I'm 6 weeks 1 day into my recovery a&p repair & a hoist up of the womb.. can't remember the medical word for that.  All guidance says sex is ok from 6 weeks, what a joke.  I am still so swollen and sore that is the last thing on my mind!  This may be tmi but my vjj is unrecognisable in a bad way, it is so lumpy and bumpy and oh so sore.  They do not seem to have taken much time or consideration into the aesthetics when stiching me back up. It just looks like a mess down there I am hoping things improve..... 

0 likes, 105 replies

105 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun, it is still very early days love.I've been a member of this

Amazing forum for 4months and I have read many times that it can take

Up to 12 weeks before all swelling goes away.matron is the Lady to ask

And I'm sure she will give yuou great advice sometime during the day.

I know how you must be feeling,I havef my anterior terpsir in 2 weeks.

Lots of love and please give your body time. I've told my hubby

weeks is very high unlikely, so get rid of the thought😂😂😂😂😂😂😘😘

• Posted

aww thanks welshgirl xx  this forum is keeping me going..... sisterhood of the vjj lols x

Good luck with the op.  I know I just need to be patient and listen to my body and I've really been trying.  I don't want to have to go through it again so really been trying to take it easy etc.... Wise words to your hubby btw xxxx

• Posted

I agree this forum, the girls and matron have been a godsend even though I've had a mostly straightforward recovery so far. I'll be 4 weeks post op on Thurs and haven't yet had the courage to have a peak "down there"😱 

When I first logged on after my op lots of ladies were posting about how swollen and lumpy things looked down there to the point some of them were  worried it's hadn't worked. Matron has always assured everyone that it will all look fine when swellings reduce so I'm  trying to leave it as long as possible so as not to frighten myself 😳

as as for sex god know when I'll be ready for that but good thing is hubby will have been that desperate since it's been that long I'm hoping it will all over in seconds 😂😂😂😂

• Posted

lols ditto that ref sex Deborah smile  I did look post op and gave myself a fright.  Plucked up the courage to check again the other day and wish I had not.... This forum and Matron are keeping me going xxx  Good luck with the recovery xx
  • Posted

Hello. Please don't worry. They say sex from 6 weeks and it's rare that ladies can cope with anything like that at the 6 week stage believe me. welshgirl is absolutely right when she mentions the 12 week mark because it's around that time you'll start to feel better. The swelling takes much longer than ladies realise to reduce and I always say if you saw the operation performed like I have you will understand why. The pelvic and vulval area is so delicate and as we get older it starts to atrophy (thin) because of the reduction in the female hormones. You may have read I'm currently doing some work on post op care following prolapse surgery and we are no longer saying 6 weeks is the time when you notice big improvements as realistically that is rarely the case. 

The lumps and bumps will reduce and around 12 weeks you'll notice a difference and feel more like yourself. Take things easy up until then and no lifting anything heavy.

• Posted

Hi matron,

Had my down day yesterday, depressed and tearful , cant understand why, just seemed to feel really sorry for myself , lamenting on slow progress and resenting the having to go through this for 2nd time, hating hubby for not understanding or being supportive enough.

Much better today, at least stopped the weeping and feel a little more positive. Progress so slow, itching to do more but this forum keepin me right and reminding me to take it easy.

Many thanks to yourself and everyone else who takes the time to post, would be overdoing it so much more without these posts.

Phyllis xx

• Posted

phyllis so sorry to read about yesterday. This surgery really does have an awful affect on some ladies. Some sail through with no problems but others like yourself have dark days when you spend most of the day crying and feeling really down. I think the slow progress of recovery has a lot to do with it when you feel as though you are taking on step forward then 2 back. The other cause I'm sure is hormonal. How pelvic floor surgery affects hormones I don't know, I could be wrong but I've Emailed a few friends who are gynaecologists and Urogynaecologists to ask them their thoughts. I do hope you feel better in the next few days phyllis but sometimes having a good cry helps x
    • Posted

I have felt like that too Phyllis it's awful xxx Glad to hear you are feeling better today xxxx

• Posted

Thank you matron, do feel much better today had short walk this morning, always seem to feel I've overdone it, repair at back seems to be much better, cut my lactose down to 5 ml x twice a day ( before breakfast and then before dinner). Avoiding too much toast, trying to make sure meals are better balanced (difficult when hubby does shopping) .

Feeling it at front end today, slight pinky tinge to discharge, but think some of swelling down with the result more aware of slight discomfort; strange feeling it's not really sore or nippy just uncomfortable, more aware of the lumpy wall at the front that is slightly swollen and really dry, makes it feel like prolapse still there yet I know it's just where the stitches are.

Assume that means it's on the mend and as it should be.

Thanks again for your kind words , sun's shining today, horizontal for afternoon break!

Phyllis xx

• Posted

I so know where you are coming from, I'm also 6 weeks post op A&P repair, feels and looks horrendous "down there" ...sex is certainly off the cards for a few more weeks!!
    • Posted

So glad it's not just me xxxx I had one look post op and had such a shock....  I didn't look again until the other day.... it's awful.  Thank god for Matron and this forum, just knowing that is "normal" gives me some relief..... I won't be looking again for some time and sex is a no no for some time yet xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.