6 weeks 1 day......

Posted , 8 users are following.

This site is keeping me going.... thank you everyone.  I'm 6 weeks 1 day into my recovery a&p repair & a hoist up of the womb.. can't remember the medical word for that.  All guidance says sex is ok from 6 weeks, what a joke.  I am still so swollen and sore that is the last thing on my mind!  This may be tmi but my vjj is unrecognisable in a bad way, it is so lumpy and bumpy and oh so sore.  They do not seem to have taken much time or consideration into the aesthetics when stiching me back up. It just looks like a mess down there I am hoping things improve..... 

0 likes, 105 replies

105 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi ,its been 6 weeks today since i had my anterior repair, i feel exactly the same i still have a bulge and ohh that constant throbbing at times is a nightmare , was told by my doctor bulge is where stitches are but it does feel very low at times , i also look very messy down there x
    • Posted

It sounds to be like your still healing hun.its still rasrly days love.

No doubt matron will advice you hun.healing hugs.😘😘

• Posted

You aren't completely healed by a long way yet helen and oh I wish you ladies wouldn't look 😂
    • Posted

I'm not matron hahaha had enough of my fanjo to Last a lifetime

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Aww I know Matron I really do try not to look but when I'm throbbing so much I just can't help it , it's not a pretty sight that's for sure , ain't a hope in hell my hubby getting near that anytime soon 😂 xx
    • Posted

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 no don't blame you hun.xxx
    • Posted

The op was no problem , haven't really had any big issues coughs infection but course is antibiotics sorted that quickly , it's just the lump n the throbbing thats annoying lol hopefully they will both go soon , good luck x
    • Posted

Its hard to imagine it ever feeling/ looking normal again!!
    • Posted

I definitely won't be peeking at my designer vagina😁😁😁😁
    • Posted

Please don't welshgirl. You're a born worrier 😂
    • Posted

You know me to well😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😘
    • Posted

Aww I know I swear I look worse down there now that I did with my prolapse lol xx
    • Posted

I wish I had not too Matron...... not looking down there again for a good few weeks.  Glad you are here though to reassure.  Thanks x
    • Posted

it's awful down there and definately worse than before........ I'm not looking again for some time... can't face it!  Hope you / we feel better soon xxx
    • Posted

Can everyone agree not too look for at least another 4 weeks? 😂
    • Posted

Last time I had my front repair and hysterectomy it was so tightly done and extremely swollen you could barely see the opening, no chance of seeing anything for months, did not slacken off until I started low impact exercises some months on.

But this time different, obviously still swollen but not so tightly done, even though repair at both front and back, as swelling going Dow a little can see much more, looks like a pink pum stone at front wall all very dry, bumpy and rough.

Think it takes some month before all swelling goes Down and it all smother of again.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Hello phyllis. It sounds as though you are healing really well this time. I can remember after my surgery the little lump and it was the last bit of swelling to reduce. So it's good news and you should be fighting fit for the summer x
    • Posted

That bit of info very encouraging to hear, excited at the thought.

Thank you matron,

Phyl xx

• Posted

Hi matron here I go again worry wort 😁 could you put my mind

At rest.what does it feel like when they remove the Catheter?

Will I feel normal going yo the loo to pee? It scares me more than

Stitches believe it or not.. What I mean is the sensation afterwards

When you need to pee.I have my pre-assesment on Monday

Ahhhhh 😢 xxx

• Posted

You are a born worrier welshgirl. If I was booked to go on holiday when you are due to have your operation I'd have to cancel 😭😭😭😭😭 Only joking. The catheter is a very small tube so when they remove it won't even be as uncomfortable as removing a tampon. Afterwards you may feel some very slight discomfort the first few times you need to pee but that will wear off especially as you'll be encouraged to have a shower or a bath. You'll probably have a bidet as you are going into a private hospital so you can use that.
    • Posted

It's a relief when they remove the catheter. It doesn't hurt at all. Although having the catheter in feels like you constantly want to pee all the time.

Doesn't hurt when they remove the pack either.

• Posted

Hshahahahs😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 what a laugh neztlt spat my tea out

Yeah matron,I've always hasf a phobia with those catheters ever since

I visited my mum when I was little.I think I was about 8yrs old and

My mum was in for hyster.thanks for your advice wouldn't be without

It matron.xxx

• Posted

welshgirl u honestly dont feel it coming out its a very thin tube, i have never felt pain with a catheter coming out , i was so worried bout passing urine afterwads with having stitches but the nurse assured me i wouldnt feel any pain as the stitches are at a different bit and she was right , never had stinging or anything xx
    • Posted

Ahh thanks hun, that's whats been bothering me.if I get any stinging

Feeling when I wee. I guess the stitches ate high up the vagina.I guess

This is a question for lovely matron .. She be telling me off foirt

Being over anxious 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 matron only kidding

sweetheart😘😘😘😘💞

• Posted

Welshgirl, someone on the forum (can't remember who it was) described the removal of catheter as 'like being tickled, and likened the pack coming out to a magicians trick, said she couldn't stop laughing!

Phyllis xx

• Posted

I can understand you being anxious but just think thanks to this forum by the time your big day comes you'll be well prepared and an expert in prolapse 😘😘
    • Posted

Yes hun I will be.I'm fefup with my lady bits to last a life time.

I have nevert really given it much attention years ago😂😂😂.

Be lovely to talk about my experiences with ladies who have

There ops coming up and give them positive stories.😘😘

• Posted

Hahahaha yes I remember that. I will think of that when I'm laying there

With this liaf of bandage flying out my vag😁😁😁😁😘

• Posted

Is it true matron that the younger you are having repair the quicker

You recover? Can the surgeon tell when he does the ophow good your

Tissues are . I'm guessing I must have poor tissues to has a prolapse

In the first place.xxx

• Posted

It's partly true. Some young women have pelvic muscles that are weak through no fault of their own and it's often hereditary. On examination a consultant can see on examination just how thick or thin the vaginal wall is which is why particularly in menopausal women some Urogynaecologists prescribe a hormone pessary or cream to help build up the vaginal wall. It will also help the pelvic floor muscles to a certain extent. It's not as easy to see during the operation the extent of the weakness of the pelvic floor but yes it is the weakness that causes the prolapse. 

I told you you'll be an expert by the time you have your operation 😘😘

• Posted

As long as he has past his embroidery exam I'm happy 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    • Posted

God just lost a long reply there 😝 anyway - my surgeon told me that really I was almost 20 years too young for this op but to quote him ( you need to imagine a scottish accent here) "having your boys has left your bits in bits" 😂 I think the fact I'm a bit younger has meant I have recovered well however this can be dangerous as in the first couple of weeks I tried to do too much too soon. I had a very traumatic first labour ( too many details but included inducement, being cut, vontuse, forceps, third degree tear for a just a few) and a very quick very large baby for my second labour - I could have done pelvic floor excercise every minute of every day since was a teenager and it would not have prevented my prolapse 
    • Posted

I think some women are born with weak pelvic floors and like you say deborah you could do the exercises every minute of every day and it won't prevent a prolapse. You are right giving birth can cause problems as well. The joy of being a woman x
    • Posted

Matron will the stitches be high up in the vag? Will I be touching them

When I go for a wee. Don't laugh😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    • Posted

welshgirl I just wonder what you're going to ask next 😂 Yes the stitches will be high up and as long as you don't poke your finger into your vagina you won't feel them 😘
    • Posted

I know it sounds mad.I did try to watch a video on the surgery

On embarrassing bodies and I thought I could see

Where they stitched the women.I'm guessing not😂😂😂😘

• Posted

Knowledge is power and peace of mind matron.. You answered all

My worries lovely💕💕💕

• Posted

Exactly matron I think anyone going into or coming out of this type of surgery really needs to try and be as positive as they can and certainty not

blame themselves/ or their body - let's face it spending between 6 and 12 weeks sitting around doing not much anything would send anyone into a bit of a mood swing - it's personally driving me mental 😱

I'm 41'welshngirl but being 5ft 2 and having round big cheeks I do look at lot younger so did wonder if my consultant was getting confused😀 But when recovering on the ward I was def one of the younger ones so can see what he was trying to say -and he has started almost every conversation we have had with " you will need to do your excercises for the rest of your life"

• Posted

my vag hasnt had this much attention for years haha im always looking n poking , BUT im now trying to leave it alone lol smile smile even with doc saying the bulge im feelng is where im stitched it still dont feel right so will just have to wait 3 weeks till my next appointment xx
    • Posted

I will not look until after 6 weeks..promise matron!!😁💞💞
    • Posted

ohh wait longer if u can , i still look awful down there and im 6 weeks 1 day u will just panic and get so paranoid if u look/poke , i really wish i left it alone lol xx
    • Posted

I will hun,be too scared to anyway.. I asked my urogynacologist if I'll be tighter

Ad he said yes but won't be to tight. That thought..ewwwww lol.xxx

• Posted

When you're healing helen things don't feel "right" but once healed everything will be in the right place. It's all the swelling and the sutures dragging the repair that makes it feel and look abnormal sometimes. I felt exactly the same but now everything is ok and you will be as well x
    • Posted

Mine never gave me any info at all,had a rectocele repair November 2014

had a lot of problems post op,only found this forum 10 weeks post op and like all you ladies now,found some wonderful ladies and good advice. I know most ladies have good results and although my repair was successful,I was sewn up way too tight and sex has been a problem ever since we first attempted it and still an issue now  but that's not to say it will be the same for you. We are all different.Good luck and hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Thanks froglet.. I hope things get easier for you hun.god its so tough

Being a woman.childbirth has a lot to answer for.if I knew it was

Going to be like this I'd of had a casserien.excuse the spelling. I

Thought I was good jusdt having 2 stitches on my second.I think

That's what did it,was the quick birth and being g bigger that. My first

Baby.she was only 6lb 13 bless her. Her mouth weighs that now though😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Yeah I know, just takes time I guess , I think we seem to get to an "it's failed" point and it's hard to get away from that if that makes sense ,especially with so much throbbing n still having a bulge, where the doctor says is my stitches I told her it seems to come down low at times but she didn't seem concerned so I'm really trying 2 stay positive , hope to have my baby girl back with me next week but every 2nd day to start with so I can rest in between days,missing her so much n feel like im totally letting her down sending her to my parents during the day , I always had all my boys with me growing up n taking bad missing out on so much with my daughter xx
    • Posted

Ha ha that did make me laugh about your daughter's mouth. yes childbirth does have a lot to answer to. From when I went into labour with my first until he was born was over 30 hours.\They gave me what they said was a trial of labour because they didn't know whether I'd have to have a ceasarian or not as my pelvis was so narrow. I reckoned it was because it was a Sunday and the consultant didn't work weekends,anyway finally he arrived Monday morning and was going to send me to theatre when my son decided to make his entrance. Had to have a forceps delivery,they cut me from front to back and nothing was ever the same down there from then on

• Posted

Oh hun I know we go through hell to bring our babies into this world.

My kids are the centre of my world and I would die for them.on times I ask

myself now they are grown up, I'm left with a mangled vag😂😂

Can't wait to feel normal down there.well ad normal as can be💕💕.xx

• Posted

Probably best not to look at anything like that till after you had your op. There is quite explicit videos and diagrams on line, but is extremely gross. I couldn't actually watch it right through. It dies however make you realize why it takes so long to recover! These surgeons are amazingly skilled and probably routine to them and over the years techniques have improved and I hope will continue to only get better!

Phyl xx

Matron is probably your best sorce of info as she worked in gynaecology for years and been through this kind of surgery too.

• Posted

I've done years of research hun on prolapse and I feel I have the best

Surgeon.I'm just very inquisitive lol.. Can't wait now to get it done😘😘

• Posted

Wish I had been more aware of all this when I was younger! Not long now for your op, good luck and hope all goes well!

Phyl xx

• Posted

Thanks love,yes I know I feel the same way. Hasf no clue this could happen 20 yes

Down the line..if I'd known I'd of been squeezing lol but then again it

May of happened anyway hun.we must be hard on ourselves. Look what

We have brought into the world..it does annoy me though howmy body

Had been a affected. Love to you.😘😘

• Posted

Rectocele repair,which is posterior one. Had a cystocele too but they didn't fix that at the time. It has got worse over the past year but it's not that bad yet that I would consider having another operation. Was fitted with a pessary but it came out,tried another one but same thing happened,so gave up on them.Try to do pelvic floor exercises and am waiting on an appointment to see the physio again,just to find out how far this prolapse has come out.Good luck with your op and remember to rest as much as you possibly can when you get home. I didn't and am sure that's why my cystocele has got worse.

I didn't come across this forum until I was about 10 weeks post op,wish I'd found it like you have before being operated on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.