6 weeks, 105 degree bend, straight leg . Signed off by physios

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just come back physios almost dancing. Pleased with progress. No longer need to go to physios anymore. Ran through party pieces of knee extensions and flexions . All going in the right direction. Wound nearly done can go swimming soon. 

Rest is up to me. Change sleeping from day to night. Get back on healthy eating. Functional exercises. Phasing back to work on Friday .get my positive mental attitude back into gear. 

Well chuffed biggrin

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It seems that you are doing well. Kudos to you! I had to work at walking stairs foot over foot as well. When I returned to the pool and did aquacize in the deep end (wearing a floater belt until I could use only the aquabells and leg power) the flexion improved quickly. I had one knee replaced in Feb 2014 and the other in November 2014. I am at 8 weeks today and can drive with this knee and walk steps. I am struggling with flexion and have only 90 degrees yet. This knee has had many surgeries in the past 38 years though so it is realistic to expect a longer recovery. I had hardware removed too. There is improvement every day now that I can exercise in the water. Even just walking in the water is great but my hospital had aqua physio so I have additional exercises to do. Good luck to you in your continued recovery!
    • Posted

Thank you MCanada . You knee has had a rough ride. That's a lot go through. Well done for coming out the other end. 

How long was it after your op you went to Aquasize. I can't wait to get back in the pool

Happy New Year

• Posted

In the lottery of life I think that bad knees are not too much to deal with! As my Mom used to say, "it could be worse". As soon as the incision was healed I could work out in water so 3.5 weeks for knee #1and 4 for this one. My quads and calves have really improved already. Working out 3-5 times a week keeps the pain down as well. I only take my cane out in the ice and snow-just in case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.