6 weeks after Trapeziectomy and I have swelling around the scar. Is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

l have small hard and painful swelling next to my trapeziectomy scar. should I be worried? I had the plaster off just over a week ago .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This is a question for your doctor or nurse. We are just patients here, not medical professionals. I would have thought painful swelling should be checked. Especially after this amount of time. There is often pain and swelling with a new injury (including surgical wound) but six weeks isn't new.

• Posted

Oot,

Do you have a keloid scar ? Here is a definition of keloid from the internet:

"Keloids are a type of raised scar. They occur where the skin has healed after an injury. They can grow to be much larger than the original injury that caused the scar. They are not at all common, but are more likely for people who have dark skin. Anything that can cause a scar can cause a keloid "

Search the internet for "Keloid".

TKM (Thomas)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.