6 weeks and a dr visit has me upset

Posted , 5 users are following.

so this wed will be 7 weeks, and I still have nausea and anxious thoughts, espically when I wake up. this past weekend was bad I was a little withdrawn. but two weeks ago I had two good weeks, and then this happen where I feel like im back at square one again. went to the dr today and he said he is concerned I have lost like 15 pounds in 6 weeks but I am a bigger person so then he proceeds to tell me this forums are not good and if the medicine was going tow ork this time it should have and said he ran blood work 6 weeks ago and everything was fine my liver enzymes were a little elavated but have been for years so now he wants to do an ultra sound and this has me really worrying

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

What dose are you on? I think you can take from the experiences of many people on this forum that 6 weeks is very early days x

• Edited

i am taking 20 mg i just can not seems to shake the nausea and i have no appeitite. he told me i should not look at these forums but they are so reassuring and make me feel like im going to be ok.

• Edited

You are going to be ok! 20mg is a good dose but you need to give it more time to settle. I have lost two stone since November, most do lose there appetite in the beginning but it will come back x

• Edited

Hi

it's early and normal to lose wait on this meds

I lost 45ounds on the meds u be okay

I also believe that the people on here help more then the Dr

they been thought it or still are going though it

I was told when ur hunger comes back it's a good sign of showing the meds are working

Also anxiety makes everything worse and scary so are the side effects

I'm on the beginning of week 12 and still have early morning side effects of nausea headaches anxiety and some crying but my evenings are better now

so u know the meds are working weekly and u will see chances for the better

but it takes time like 3 month for some even longer or less

hope I could help u a bit that's what we hear for

• Edited

you are a life saver, he worried me today saying i was losing weight too much when i am bigger girl already 10 pounds is not much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.