6 weeks check

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guus me again....been a while.

So...ive been doing well, got some skechers at about 4.5/5 weeks and they have been a god send, i came out my boot early as it was causing me more pain and swelling.ive also been driving again and dont find it sore. I had my 6 week check today surgeon said all looks good...BUT i found out i actually had 2 screws in my foot lol i think its a good thing i didnt know until now. Although today my foot has been sore when i saw where the pins were i saw that thats where my screws were. I hope everyone is doing ok. X

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thats great news, my dr said to buy new balance, i get stiches out tomorrow. Hope i can swim after. I keep hearing that people can't wear shoes too long, they hurt.
    • Posted

Whats new balance?. At the start when i was in shoes my foot did swell easy but its getting better. It takes time but it does get better.i couldnt see the light at the end of the tunnel for a long time but it honestly does. X
    • Posted

Ive been lucky so far. I had pain first 3days. After that i sat with foot up.no pain. No swelling. New balance is a sneaker, kind of expensive. I probably won't be able to wear one for a few more weeks
    • Posted

New Balance is a brand of shoes. They make wider fitting shoes. It could be the reason bev's Dr recommended them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.