6 weeks headaches, feeling helpless

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering from intermittent headaches for 6 weeks. They have been mild headaches predominantly in the temple and occasionally back of the head and haven’t been distracting from my daily activities, the problem is I can’t deal with them which is unusual for me. Usually when I get a headache, as we all do, I’ll take paracetamol and within a couple of hours they are gone. Over the course of the 6 weeks the other two most prominent symptoms has been feeling a pulse in my head, not necessarily when I have a headache and more noticeable when I lie down and consistent nausea. From about 3 weeks I began suffering from neck ache/stiff neck which has developed into neck pain and more recently I have developed aching and weakness in my left wrist and ankle. Having heard a loud, high pitched noise in my head a week ago which I can only describe as something in between a bird chirping and a phone ringing my left ear has been blocked and I have now developed flu like symptoms as well as regularly tasting blood in my mouth. After seeing numerous doctors/consultants nobody seems unduly concerned and have put it down to things from a virus, to tension headaches to a reccurance from disclocating my right shoulder (ac joint) 4 months ago. I have been really worried for a number of weeks that I may have a tumour and seem to have been ticking off a number of potential symptoms, yet no doctor seems the need to do a scan. The symptoms aren’t budging and I’m feeling pretty helpless!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have quite a number of similar symptoms, but they have gotten significantly better over time. I also kept thinking tumor, as I've been non-stop searching through the internet for my symptoms (not a good idea!).

About a week ago, I had pain in similar areas of my head (temples, back of head, both left and right side) which were kind of dull and/or sharp, but I wouldn't really consider them as headaches. They were more like small "irritations", but nothing severe that has caused me to stop whatever I was doing. In addition to that, I strangely developed a cold/flu at the same time, but they have gone away except the nasal congestion. Just last night, I had shoulder and neck pain too, but it has gotten better after a good night's rest. I was thinking that it could've been a sinus infections of some sort because I've felt pressure around my eyes and I've felt kind of light-headed (but nothing major). I also thought it could've been some weird virus. Maybe it was also my anxiety that heightened all of these symptoms too because like you, I've been worrying about every day since day one.

As of now, the number of head "irritations" I've received has decreased a lot and when they do happen, the pain is significantly lower. I still do have mild nasal congestion, and my eyes and temples feel a lot better. I'd say for you, if the symptoms get worse, go see your doctor again to see what's up.

PS. Drink lots of water!

• Posted

Thanks for reply. 

I appreciate I have crippling levels of health anxiety over this but feel that without a scan it will never resolve, it’s like I’m waiting for something drastic to happen to confirm my worries.

The joint pain has radiated through all the joints in my left side, which dr google alerted me to a specific tumour which even prompted me to visit A&E today, again brushed off as tension headaches with possible viral infection. 

I’m left helpless, not knowing where to turn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.