6 weeks in 150 mg and waves of anxiety are back

Posted , 5 users are following.

I need any advice or reassurance , i am week 6 on 150 mg and i was feeling good week 4and 5 but week 6 i have heart pounding back and thoughts again about my anxiety . also i have not yet had my motivation and happiness back . i dont have the ability mentally to plan any fun activities with my family and kids . i feel off all the time .

is this going to pass ? any one have similar experience ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

yes be reassured that it will pass. it took me about 3 months to start being able to function properly. i started off on 100mg, found it too much, went back to 50, still no improvement, so went back up to 100mg. my prob was the not sleeping and loss of appepite that made me feel worse. i found diazepam helped me to get back into routine of sleeping again which in turn improved my anxiety levels. i dont need to the diazepam now but i found them more useful for sleep that sleeping tabs and ok for short term relief until antidepressants start taking effecting. also try to combine this with anything to keep you busy, push yourself to do something every day, a walk, coffee with friend, read inspirational and positive quotes to try and put you in the right mind set. i am feeling alot better and found that these things helped me, hope you are feeling much better soon

• Posted

thanks claire it really helps to ask advice and reassurance specially from people who understands what you are going through .

althought this is not my first time on this AD last time 100 mg was my magic dose for 2 yrs and now 150 mg i hope it will be my magic dose this time .

• Posted

Hey I'm Caroline,I've been on sertaline quite a while now I started on 50mg50mg and I'm now on 100m100mg but gradually I'm feeling anxious it is bearable but last night whilst laid in bed I felt like I couldn't breathe a real weird feeling...

It was bearable and it passed but I find myself feeling a little more anxious everyday!!

However I hope your dose will settle down it does take a while the same as I hope my feelings will settle without me having to go up a dose....

Give it time hang in there im here if you need a ear...

You will be ok I promise you x

• Posted

150 was way to high for me made everything worse im back on 125 feeling alot better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.